Went out at about 2pm. Started marking bait at 75 - 50 ft at a depth of 145 - 160 ft. Found a big cloud with hooks underneath and bang! Two releases with one breaking immediately. The other held on and Rodney caught his first ever King. 23# . Caught a few more smaller lakers in the same area.

Lure: NK Black & Silver @ 75 ft (other release on a black & green fly behind a dodger at 50 ft (same side))

All & all a beautiful day on the lake with friends. I'm still a rookie at this but learning every time out.

post-149196-0-82942200-1373722222_thumb.jpg

Rad,

Nice fish... Just got my boat fixed so I will be taking my boys out first thing tomorrow, going to start on the browns...From what Im reading they will be in 30 fow....then once the sun comes out heading out deeper and stat working for kings...Havent been out in 2 yrs so if your out send me a text at 585-519-5175....We should really try to get all the guys that fish out of bearcreek together for a meet and greet...I can remember about 5 yrs ago or so that it was either on a monday or wednesday night everyone would get together and see who could catch the biggest fish...for bagging rights of course.....and its like anything you do it gets easier the more you do it....have fun and be safe talk to you later....

Tracy Woodhams

AKAWoody5442

Would that be the folks who have launch permits or would it be a free for all. Just say in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Lake Ontario United mobile app

$5500..00 a Year in taxes on Slocum rd.....just sayin...

Edited by Wolfhound

Would that be the folks who have launch permits or would it be a free for all. Just say in.

$5500..00 a Year in taxes on Slocum rd.....just sayin...

I fished this morning early lost one screamer on dipsey and landed one brown. Had to end it early as my two guests started chumming. Green is not a good color on any mans face.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Fished off Bear this evening from 90 to 180ft and the screen looked bare.  Took a small coho and king and few knockoffs otherwise very quiet.  Was the only one out except for a few off P'ville.  The best part of the trip was finally having my motor run strong.  After a few trips with surging power issues it appears something was partially blocking the pickup in the sending unit.  Glad to get that thorn out of the way.

Thanks All!  I like the idea of the local tourney outing. I also like the weekday suggestion. I could take a vacation day.

Bowbender, I think we saw you come out in the evening. We were out at 150 just crossing between the power plant and a mile east of the launch. We found the bait just to the East of Bear Creek.

Cheers,

Steve (aka Radwing01 585 314 8730)