Seneca Seneca North 7/13

Went out of the Chamber launch at 5:45AM with Rod Hog (Scott), started in 115', set up 2 rigs, 2 leadcores (6-8 colors) and 2 wire dipsys. Had a hammering hit on a dipsy but it got off, then a couple on leadcores, then a 11# laker on the other dipsy. Continued to mix it up with Lakers, bows & landlocks till 10:30, had a good laker break the bottom leader off a rig on it's third run - oh well - thats why I go fishing.

Bob

Out in the same area as Bob with jb235 (otherwise known as Jim) but got a later start. Worked the north end  and went deep with 3 thermocline rigs and a 6 core leadcore but unlike Bob didn't have my grass detector with me :lol:  picked up three lakers (all released unharmed) about 80-100 ft down over 148-190 on the rigs. Got into the grass big time and other "unmentionable" problems with one of the rigs creating a nice donation to the fish gods... so we switched it up to 2 downriggers with sliders, a wire dipsey with Spin Doc/fly,and 2 small dipseys off the outriggers all spoons. Picked up two landlocks  one of which ( about 3 plus pounds) was hooked bad and bled all over the boat so he ended up at the end of my fillet knife. One other hit that didn't take on the downrigger (all three hits came on slider with the main lure at 55 ft.) and all on the same small unnamed black lure. All three lakers came on the same small home made lure. We packed it in just after Bob did as the fish were on a lunch break or something. Grass was bad fleas were there but tolerable on 20 lb Big Game. They also were a little different than usual as they were more translucent, and seemed to come off the line easier....