Go to PIKE lure

Lets hear it........your favorite , all time , without a doubt,if you could only

pick one,your go to,no second guessing here PIKE LURE!........................

What is it?...............I like this ONE! :mrgreen:

blacktiger-1.jpg

I fish the old fashioned way. And if I had but one pick...it would be a booger on a paper clip. Gets em every time.

I cant believe what I'm reading...........thats exactly MY go to crappie

LURE :mrgreen:

C4 and a waterworthy fuse maybe.

Seriously, favorite lure has to be the leadhead jig. I've caught everything from perch to tuna on the thing. Nothing against the choices of others. Everyone has their favorites and with good reason. They're all good. When I need to get it done though, it's going to be some kind of jig.

How about the rest of you? What do you like most?

Grady

Grady95

(When I need to get it done though, it's going to be some kind of jig.)

I'm curious and interested.....most of the areas I fish for pike they

are somewhat structure oriented, mostly relating to weeds....what would

you have in mind, jig style and or combo to fish these areas?, what have

you used that might work in these situations?

I'm always looking to add to my arsenal..... :shock:

get yourself a pack or two of those prerigged rubber jigs the big 4" size if you want to cast and blast ,trolling any stick thats grey or grey will work natural will work also ya gotto add 1 splitshot up the line a bit(6ft) for trolling to keep your lure clean longer as you need to be over weeds

get yourself a pack or two of those prerigged rubber jigs the big 4" size if you want to cast and blast ,trolling any stick thats grey or grey will work natural will work also ya gotto add 1 splitshot up the line a bit(6ft) for trolling to keep your lure clean longer as you need to be over weeds

Yeah.......like I'm going to listen to a TROUT guy on how to fish for PIKE....

just kidding..... :roll:

Kind of sounds like you have some previous experience at running a bait

shop.......A guy walks into a bait shop and asks " what are they biting on?"

you reply "what have you got".........lol......sorry, I thought it was funny :D

Its just that your ONE lure pick is pretty vague.....

i dont fish for them but i catch em by mistake when trolling ,they fight like a larthogic laker but the rubber thingies are supposed to be the hottest thing at the north end of seneca now so rumer has it ,im just a middle man here if ya cant troll for em i dont use the bait i need both hands for my beverages.....

Best for me anywhere has been a bucktail jig with a 6" jelly worm in purple or white. not too bad in the weeds, but best on the edges. Hand tied jigs are superior. Used to have a guy tie them for me in exchange for supplying him with tails. He has sinced passed away unfortunately. Good fishing!

Shawn

you mean tom fisherman the time he was barfing over the side in that light chop he was probly thinking about the upcoming football season and how bad his team was gonna stink,or the time he was driving west into the sunrise(for most of us the sun rises in the east)then he wiped out that whole racoon family with his car and lost the first fish of the day during a derby,or he might of had a premination he was gonna drive over a curb and bend a axle on his trailer ,or head into shore wide open and pull his downrigger with the temp probe after he got to the dock(bwaaaahaa haa ha)omg i gotta take a beer break then well get into the getting lost thing and running out (hmmmmph) of gas Haaaaa Haaaaa Haaaa o sorry gosh i like that guy,,thats just the highlights from the 9 months ive known him ..................gee now i feel kinda bad sorta like picking on the handicap,glad i didnt mention his name or the other things that happened in the last 9 months