Go to PIKE lure

[qui think you better slow down on the beer bob. that score would be more like reversed.....at the end of the first half....ote=muskybob]OK, final score = Giants 22 Patriots 13

OUCH, I think I just got spanked. :shock:

Well, 17 to 14 wasn't far off. :lol: Welcome to the site ladyblugill.

Grady95

(When I need to get it done though, it's going to be some kind of jig.)

I'm curious and interested.....most of the areas I fish for pike they

are somewhat structure oriented, mostly relating to weeds....what would

you have in mind, jig style and or combo to fish these areas?, what have

you used that might work in these situations?

I'm always looking to add to my arsenal..... :shock:

Sliderman,

1/8 leadhead with a twister in white, yellow or chartreuse is one effective combination. This weight may seem light, but this helps in being able to cast and retrieve it along the tops and sides of weed beds and edges.

Also, as someone pointed out, there are some prerigged softbaits. They are called swimbaits and they are great for fishing drops and ledges. An example: the first major point on the east side of Conecus north of the public launch has a bay, a shallow and a drop. Their are some big pike on that drop. These heavy swimbaits have been effective in such a situation. Just be ready to cast some weight if you use them. You could probably take out a windshield with one of these things! :lol:

Grady

i dont fish for them but i catch em by mistake when trolling ,they fight like a larthogic laker but the rubber thingies are supposed to be the hottest thing at the north end of seneca now so rumer has it ,im just a middle man here if ya cant troll for em i dont use the bait i need both hands for my beverages.....

I went to Bass Pro Shops to inquire about these "RUBBER THINGIES"

that you're talking about......they escourted me out of the store.... ;(..LOL

They directed me to a STORE across from the oulet mall just outside

Geneva ...... to find the "rubber thingies"......I dont remember a tackle shop being out there......... :roll:

Grady95,

I'm familiar with whats out there......thanks for the info. though, I guess

I'm more interested with a lure that any site member has actually

fished and has been sucessful with.....which leads me back to the topic

"go to lure". I'm looking for a proven bait. :D

[qui think you better slow down on the beer bob. that score would be more like reversed.....at the end of the first half....ote=muskybob]OK, final score = Giants 22 Patriots 13

OUCH, I think I just got spanked. :shock:

Wcongrats on the pick.that was unbelievable. maybe you should move to las vegas.ell, 17 to 14 wasn't far off. :lol: Welcome to the site ladyblugill.

I love to use a large black jighead with a black rubber worm. The firetiger and clown husky jerks have worked well also, but the jig/worm seems to catch them for me when nothing else would.

Thanks for the info. and thanks for getting back to the topic.....

the jig and worm combo....what are we talking here, maybe a 3/8 o.z.

black rubber bass jig w/ a big piece of black plastic? something like that?

Do you work it slow through the weeds or do you swim it?

I have to try new stuff this year.....I'm getting too set in my ways....

I know there is more catchable fish in the areas that I frequent......

I'm always looking for new ways to catch these fish and buy talking

to others it helps to narrow down lures from the bazillion that are out there.

I like cranks,spinnerbaits,stickbaits...the jig n worm I'm going to add.

I'm gonna hunt you two down like a squirrel in my back yard or a raccoon in the road :evil: . I'm gonna bring more dry aged rib eyes and tenderloin next time and feed them to Joy :shock: :D and that dog and watch you two fight over a PB and J sandwich!

I had a few problems last year and they all seem to coincide with when I met the buffy one :?

Hey Ray don't try to give all the credit to your wife, mines out there helping out too :x

By the way: Raiders 3 Super Bowl wins to the Toronto Bills big fat ZZZZZZZZZZZZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm gonna hunt you two down like a squirrel in my back yard or a raccoon in the road :evil: . I'm gonna bring more dry aged rib eyes and tenderloin next time and feed them to Joy :shock: :D and that dog and watch you two fight over a PB and J sandwich!

I had a few problems last year and they all seem to coincide with when I met the buffy one :?

Hey Ray don't try to give all the credit to your wife, mines out there helping out too :x

By the way: Raiders 3 Super Bowl wins to the Toronto Bills big fat ZZZZZZZZZZZZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

:lol::lol::lol: How ya been ol buddy ol pal? Ray made me do it. :lol::lol::lol:

slider stick with the 4"rubber thingies

Hey Ray, now that you have reeled yourself back in.....what the h*ll are

"rubber thingies"? Are you talking about "tube jigs" or "curly tail grubs" or

what?

Oh yeah....one more thing......this topic I started.......check it out... there's

three pages so far and 80% of it has been filled up with crap..... :$

but then again.... thats just my personal observation....just wondered if

anyone else noticed it?

Slider I did :shock: :lol:

He's talking about his contraceptive size, hence the 4" :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't used the swim baits but have heard good things about them for pike. I like a big spoon like a dare devil or even a fat pike minnow fished off a bobber. It's great top watch that bobber scoot across the top of the water and then dive down. Especially if you are with kids.

I haven't used the swim baits but have heard good things about them for pike. I like a big spoon like a dare devil or even a fat pike minnow fished off a bobber. It's great top watch that bobber scoot across the top of the water and then dive down. Especially if you are with kids.

Yeah....its all fun, fished plenty of minnows under bobbers, I'm most

successful with crankbaits, spinnerbaits and stickbaits....but I'll have

to admit and I was telling hermit this I have never ever caught a

northern on a daredevil....I've got them all put away....have all colors

sizes you name it......never caught one on one of those.

Guess I'll have to dig'em back out and hed over to Seneca Lake with

them.......from what I've heard they'll bite anything over there.

Like you mentioned earlier , the swim baits sound pretty good...I'll

give 'em a good washing this year and see what happens.

Sliderman,

I use a large plain black jighead.3/8oz. sounds about right. I've never had much luck with smaller hooks mainly because the smaller sizes tend to get straightened right out with a decent pike. The rubberworm is about any 6" or so worm.

My dad and I used to go to the thousand islands a few times a year. One time we were fishing in a bay and a charter boat was there also. Fishing was slow for us and the charter boat couldnt keep em off the hook. We watched them with binoculars and saw that black jighead and worm. We both tried it and started catching fish.....Then again somedays it wont draw a strike.

You know how pike fishing is...You try something new when fishin's slow and bang you catch about 3 in three casts. The everyone in the boat switches to that bait and no more fish.

Sliderman,

I use a large plain black jighead.3/8oz. sounds about right. I've never had much luck with smaller hooks mainly because the smaller sizes tend to get straightened right out with a decent pike. The rubberworm is about any 6" or so worm.

My dad and I used to go to the thousand islands a few times a year. One time we were fishing in a bay and a charter boat was there also. Fishing was slow for us and the charter boat couldnt keep em off the hook. We watched them with binoculars and saw that black jighead and worm. We both tried it and started catching fish.....Then again somedays it wont draw a strike.

You know how pike fishing is...You try something new when fishin's slow and bang you catch about 3 in three casts. The everyone in the boat switches to that bait and no more fish.

Good post....come to think of it...I dont know how many times I picked

up a pike wormin for bass....thanks

• 3 weeks later...