We never found a really good picture today. Lots of bait inside 45'. The temp pushed up as we went shallow, but the browns didn't want to play. One small one came on a 300' copper in 115'. We managed a king in 55', 70' back on a wire diver with a white Spin Doctor and crystal Fox fly and another in 215', 72' down on a rigger running a similar rig. The later fish was 32.1 on the scale and sits in 5th place in the summer derby. As Keith said, "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut somedays".

Oh, and a bonus steelhead that hit a King of Sting on a 150' copper with a 4 oz Dive Bomb off the board in 215'. The fish hit just as the king hit the deck, so he was almost an afterthought.

Off the water at 9 am to weigh in the fish and because it got UNFREAKIN' RIDICULOUS hot and muggy. No flies, but the fleas were unreal. Flea Flicker line is the greatest!!

post-139711-0-28578700-1373831705_thumb.jpg

post-139711-0-44296600-1373831672_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Gator

null_zps87e114e8.jpg?t=1373844706

Well done Nothin But Net, as far as Fleas NEVER seen anything like today EVER.....

Oh man! yikes! So how did you remove that mess?

Oh yeah I'm back, just in time for hot/muggy days, biting flies and gobs of fleas.  :) Just wait Brian, your kids will get a little older and you will be "hibernating" a lot more during the summer.  :rofl:

Oh man! yikes! So how did you remove that mess?

That line was down for 10-15 min. at most !!!! most often I'll just pluck it like a guitar string but yesterday I did ALOT of cut and retying. Ends up being a whole lot faster and less of a mess on the boat. I am tying on the Flea Flicker right now because that sucked. Fleas were on my leader between the dipsey and Spin Doc AND between Spin doc and my fly.  

We were out of Sandy yesterday afternoon, west of port and although bad enough, the fleas weren't anywhere near as bad as what you ran into.  The flies found us as well.