Hawaii Fishing In April ??

I am going on a 7 day cruise in Hawaii April 5-13 Will be staying on two islands over night and hope to book a chater. Maui & Kauai are the islands i will be doing the over night on. Looking to book a charter and fish for some big game. Any have any info that would help??

Mark.

.........and fish for some big game. Any have any info that would help??

Mark.

...Ok, I know this doesn't answer your question but I couldn't help myself. Cabin fever is setting in. I'm sure you understand.

I always take a couple travel rods on a cruise. My buddy & I fished off the 7th deck in Aruba while we were hangin' at port. Got these pictures of my buddy with the big one to share......

aV2fWlVr.jpg

aV2fWFSA.jpg

....done this in Jamaca, off the Panama Canal, St Thomas and a private island in the Bahamas. It's riot. Down side is that you can't land anything big `cause it's a long why up to hand line those bigger ones :shock:

I have fished Maui 3 times. The first 2 times we didn't have any luck, but the third time I did a little more research on charters and found these guys

http://www.mauibluewaterfishing.com/index.html. We fished with them on Christmas day I lost about a 300 lb blue marlin at the boat and my dad boated a 209 lb. If you can afford it you want to get the boat to yourself. The first time I went out there we shared the boat to save money and one of the other people got sick and it really limited our day.

Greg

Hank;

That would be great...pass him my phone number. I would like to get some info from him.

Reel-E-Hooked

Thanks for the info...the link is dead but I google and found them. I am booking private charter...just me myself and I. If a big blue marlin hits I want to make sure it's my turn!!

Mark

Mark,

My wife and I did that cruise last March NCL Pride of America. We did not fish, but when we go back it will be Kona for a week to fish and check out Kilauea from a helicopter... the ship takes you right by the the lava flow at night leaving Hilo... it was pretty awesome watching the lava coming down the mountain into the ocean about 1/4 mile offshore... We watched the Humpbacks breeching both days right outside the harbor in Maui...

Good luck if you do make it out... I would suggest Maui as the place rather than Kauai, seems as though the weather around Kauai is a bit unstable and more stormy...

Mark I will talk to my fish guy on Monday that is in Honolulu to see if he has any friends or contacts for ya too!

JUST THINK MARK.... HERE TODAY, GONE TO-MAUI :D

:lol::lol::lol: Good one Tom. You must have been waiting a long time to use that one. :lol::lol::lol:

HANK;

Thanks.

Anthony called me and I now know why why all the Hawaii web sits show the blue marlin in there videos!!! He told me he did 3 over 500 pounds and the biggest i think was 7 and some change.... 5 1/2 hours of fighting one fish WOW....i cant wait....

Mark

Glad he could help you out Mark. He was sending back pics of some of the bigger ones. That adventure's over, now he's got an offer on a boat in Alaska for kings & soul. Must be nice to be young and independent. But he's doing what he wants while he can.