After getting blown off on Friday and unable to fish Sat, I was glad when a friend called and asked to go fishing Sunday morning. He hadn't fished the lake in a long time and wanted to bring his buddy Pierre who had never fished the Lake. Plans were made to meet me at the Oak at 5:30am. We headed N/W out of port a little after 6 and set up in 165fow running 2 wire dipsies out 150 and 190 with spinny fly combos and 3 riggers parked at 40, 55, and 65 with a KOS, NBK, and carbon14 respectively. Is wasn't long and the KOS takes a shot, but nobody home. 15 minutes go by and another hit and run on the carbon 14. Then a "lull" for awhile until we hooked up with a nice steely on the KOS and Pierre was into his first Lake O fish. He did a good job steering it to the net as it wanted deparately to get into a wire rig. I ended up putting a board out and ran a 200 copper with a rasberry dolphin for awhile with no action, so it got swapped with a 300 copper with a hammertime spinny/fly combo. That rig accounted for 2 hook-ups throughout the morning that were dropped. We slid out to 400fow and found a few kings that wanted to play and doubled on a rigger and 300 copper. All in all, we had a case of the dropsies today, but did manage to land another nice steelhead and a 22lb king. We never took a shot on the wires despite many flasher/fly and depth changes. Things slowed around 10:15 and I happen to notice there is a bag on the dash of the boat with.....bananas in it!! Needless to say, we only caught one skippy after that. It was a nice morning to be out on the water despite the fleas and flies, but more importantly getting someone else "hooked" on the great fishery we have. Our MVP for the day was the KOS spoon - reg and mag on the 65 rigger.

post-140858-0-28958700-1373852923_thumb.jpgpost-140858-0-99034700-1373852942_thumb.jpgpost-140858-0-82054000-1373852966_thumb.jpgpost-140858-0-07477000-1373852988_thumb.jpg

Shawn

Glad you were able to get out Shawn! Always fun to get new folks on the water and some great memories for them. Nice fish and pics! Bananas though....tisk, tisk tisk!...I wonder of they will mysteriously disappear next time...LOL!

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Shawn, good report. I was just wondering how the fishfinder worked out for you. Did you receive it all right and is it working well for you. I have not got up the lake as I am still recovering from shoulder surgery. Plan to get up in the next week or so. Will be fishing out of Oak or Wilson, fishing reports seem to be picking up across the lake. Wish you the best of luck.

Shawn, good report. I was just wondering how the fishfinder worked out for you. Did you receive it all right and is it working well for you. I have not got up the lake as I am still recovering from shoulder surgery. Plan to get up in the next week or so. Will be fishing out of Oak or Wilson, fishing reports seem to be picking up across the lake. Wish you the best of luck.

Hey Bill - the fishfinder works good - thanks again! Take care of that shoulder and get up here fishing soon as it's really starting to pick up. Give me a shout if you end up fishing the Oak.

Shawn