Beating the heat on the boat?

With the upcoming heat wave in the NE, I wonder how folks refresh and cool themselves while fishing. Aside from jumping in the lake and trolling yourself on a rope, or in Ray's method,buffy, and moisture wicking fur, what works for you, specialy on an open boat.

I was considering one of those water misting systems. On board tank, filled with cold water, high pressure pump and nozzels, lining my t top. A short blast of cold mist to cool off for a bit when midday heat and exhaustion start to become an issue. Anybody ever use one of those?

Thinking about the humidity we have, I wonder if it would just add to the problem and just make you and things wet. These systems claim a 25 degree drop in immediate area temps. If you have used one, or been on a boat with one working, I would like to know if you thought it helped keep you from running for the air conditioned mahogany ridge. Thanks

Mark

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

If you go to Lowe's, you can pick up the "Mission Blue Polyester EnduraCool Instant Cooling Towel".  They list for $14.98 and come in about three different colors.  They also come in bandana shapes.

I bought one and used it while mowing the grass, and also at the Osewgo Pro/Am.  It works pretty good when you wrap it around your neck.  I saw a few other guys using them at the tournament.

Jim

Edited by 1fish2fish

I wear thin long sleeve uv and insect repellant shirts from columbia and soak them in water. Combine that with the canopy on the boat and i have no problem fishing sun

up to sun down on the hottest days. I wont sit in the sun and let it beat on my skin unless im taking a swim and im in and out if i do that.

Justin

If you go to Lowe's, you can pick up the "Mission Blue Polyester EnduraCool Instant Cooling Towel".  They list for $14.98 and come in about three different colors.  They also come in bandana shapes.

I bought one and used it while mowing the grass, and also at the Osewgo Pro/Am.  It works pretty good when you wrap it around your neck.  I saw a few other guys using them at the tournament.

Jim

they actually work??????

As long as the back of my neck felt cooler, so did the rest me.  You wet the towel, wring it out, snap the ends apart and I guess the evaporation process does the rest!  I did find that you need to keep rotating it occasionally to find a cool spot.  For 12 - 15 bucks a pop, I'd recommend it.

Jim

I have an easy fix. I got a few of those spray bottles with the fan attached. I either put those in the cup holders or have bought some that have the suction cups to stick on the windshield and point any direction I want. The fan on its own provides good ventilation. If it is seriously hot a few squeezes of water mist on the face and you are good to go. Total cost with suction cup holder probably $15 per bottle.

Rick, and Jim, I like the idea of the towels. Lots of good reviews for the frog togg. Guess I'll have to suggest those to my crew for the day. The water mister seemed like a good idea but I think it gets everyone cool at the same time along with everything wet as well. It's expensive too. I do have the dive platform shower nozzel, just gotta put in a new pump. That would work for cold fresh water from the tank on board.

Maybe I could get Ray to show me the way to trifold the frog togg into a diaper and go semi-buffy...or not,.... my crew will abandon ship.

Zipping down the drop curtains, firing up the generator and putting the a/c on 65 does it for me. :P. Sorry Mark. . Couldn't resist.....

Nice! Pete, you forgot pouring a cold Shock Top over your gums while scraping the frost off your curtains!..:)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Zipping down the drop curtains, firing up the generator and putting the a/c on 65 does it for me. :P. Sorry Mark. . Couldn't resist.....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On the next boat!