Congratulations Tall Tails- Winner of 2013 Oswego PRO/AM

Congratulations to Captain Brian Garret and his team- first mate and excellent helmsperson Marlene Garret, and crewmen Jim and Charlie for their come-from-behind win. 

Marlene did an excellent job keeping them over fish, and Brian, Jim and Charlie didn't drop one fish on day two!

I observed on their boat on day two and learned a lot (I promised I wouldn't tell).

Jim

Edited by 1fish2fish

Thanks Guys!  We had a little luck on our side and only dropped one fish all weekend.  We figured out the bite times during practice and it took some faith to stick to it.  During practice on friday the kings didnt realy start biting until 930.  We drove away from them biting still at 1130 so I wasnt 100 percent sure how long the bite lasted. 

Saturday morning we rolled out to find them still there in 140-220.  At 8:45 we had only had 2 in the box.  At 9:15 we doubled on majors and the flood gates opened.  We then beat on them until we finished at 1215.  Lucky for us the "fleet" moved off in search mode and we hung tight thinking they would bite at some point. 400 Blood Run Coppers and 30lb Blood run wires were studs!  Junk rods took 95% of our fish over the weekend. We had a 320 point box after the first day and were sitting in 2nd place. 

Sunday morning it took us an hour or so to find that the fish had moved further north to about 300ft of water. Our bite actually started right away on Sunday as we found them.  We took 2 right away then tripled and on the return pass took 2 more.  Then it quit!  We went dry for over 2 hours but I thought they would bite again.  We took one more at 10:45 and I called it to go get 4 Brown trout.  We picked and ran into Brown water and did 4 in about 25 minutes to finish our box at 12:25 for the day.  Again for the kings 400 Blood Run Coppers and 30lb Blood run wire were king.  This was also the first real experience with the 30lb Sea Flea line from Blood Run and it was awesome almost no fleas to speak of.

Good Luck to Everyone going to Sodus!

Congrats Tall Tails on a well deserved win! Kudos to everyone involved with keeping the event alive - it was a great event and as Vince said, it will be bigger and better next year!! We'll see everyone at Sodus this weekend!!  

Edited by Finders Keepers