Cayuga lakers

Launched out of Long Point, went south to Millikin.  2 dipsys 240-250 ft back, down about 80 ft, Sutton Spoons. 9 fish fron 6:30am to 9:30am. Not a ripple on the water. Too brutally hot to go much longer without shade. Best depth 75-90 ft.

Edited by katydid

I use any kind I can get my hands on. They seem to be harder to get. This time of year I go with a #31 or larger. I wish I could get my hands on some #44's. They are awesome and hard to find. I even went to Naples, NY and they had none. Frankly, they ALL work well .

Check out this seller on ebay- he's local (Ithaca) and sells several styles of Suttons or nearly identical spoons, not sure which.  http://www.ebay.com/sch/bluetop3/m.html

Thanks, Hermit.  Yes, I sell Sutton spoons on eBay and make and sell my own Bluetop3 spoons which are the same shape, size, thickness, etc. as Suttons.  It's getting difficult for me to get Suttons.  When I told this to one of my best customers (who fishes Cayuga), he said he wasn't concerned because my spoons were outfishing his Suttons (and they're a lot less expensive).  His brother, who posts on LOU as Fish On, replied on LOU that his brother was "Smashing the fish.  Big ones!" on my spoons.  I have 44 size, also 88, 21,31, 35, 38.  I can make any size and have lots of great holographic color choices, unlike Suttons. I sell only on eBay.  No direct sales.

Edited by bluetop