filled holes in transom swelling

fieromx3

so after removing stuff from the transom from the previous owner i was left with a couple of small 1/8'' holes. the transom is pretty new and was completly dry (boat was stored indoors with holes venting to air for 7 months) i then took a 1/8'' drill bit to just clean the inner part and filled them with epoxy. i always read not to gel-coat over epoxy but i decided to try it anyway... i scuffed up the area really well and cleaned the crap out of it with acetone. i gel-coated the areas and turned out great! the gel is not flaking and so far has been very durable. i went today and started the boat as it has been sitting for 2.5 weeks (no time to get on the water :(  and i noticed the holes i had filled in were swelling, as in they now look like little bubbles sticking out from the transom!!! what can cause this? i plan on taking it to a shop this winter and having all imperfections fixed by a professional but curious whats causing this and if there is reason to be alarmed. i just hope water didnt get in the transom and is swelling the 'repaired' areas

Edited by fieromx3

i wet sanded it to get the uneven-ess of the gelcoat smooth as i brushed it on. i didnt buff it as i didnt care to make it look perfect. they were nice and even for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden they swelled a bit.

Edited by fieromx3