Was on the lake at 515am for the brown bite which was almost non existant....went 1 for 2 with a 15 lb brown....lost another while we were fighting the first brown...gave the poles to my 2 boys....the 11 yr old was fighting the the brown and the right rigger went off...so I gave the other pole to the 10 yr old and he thought he had to set the hook....he does alot of pond fishing with his grandmother.....well that fight was over as soon as it started....was done by 830....dam flies were horrid and it was starting to heat up....

Both fish on riggers in 30 FOW down 15......one on NK28 Watermellon,  and the othe on NK28 Monkey Puke....went out a little deeper and found good bait at 40 and 50.....didnt mark many fish.....Might be out tomorrow depends on if I can get my right rigger fixed.........lost a ball....release and about 100foot of cable not sure why.......was in 30 fow and that rigger was down 20 and I look up and see the cable almost strait out.......tried to back up but didnt wat to wrap it up in the prop and have to go swimming so I elected to cut the cable....

Woody5442

interesting Woody.  I lost my downrigger ball and probe this weekend.....was down 80' over 95fow...but I had released my down rigger line and hit the up button on my electric motor when all of a sudden at still 43' down it snapped?  I never did see if it appeared to snag into something submerged or just had a fray in the line.  But thats two down to Davey Jones locker in our area this week!  Anyone gotta Scuba? :lol:

I hooked into a tree last Sunday (8th) with my wire and ball on the way up from 85 flow while trolling in 120fow. I am not talking about a little bush. The wire was wrapped around a branch as thick as my leg! Straight out in front of the launch.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Yah...not sure if it was a sunken log or what.....but its gone now....I did see a fraken tree....a whole tree maybe 75 ft long a foot around floating out there....didnt see it till I was almost on it....that was the first ball that I have lost but getting ready to go to bass pro here in a few.....so new ball....new cable....new release....and new terminal accesories....100 bucks.....going fishing on the Big O Priceless......

plecos how were the flies today?  

Just found out today that there's some sunken boat maybe a old coast guard boat near or off Ginna.  This was told to me by a scuba diver that use to dive.  He says you should see it on your graph.  I've never seen it or anyone diving there either.  Anyone know about this?

Yep thate were I was....I went due north to 30 FOW and started due east......Glad to know that  there is a wreck there.....Thanks for the info.....I was at the back of the boat when It happened setting a rigger when it happened so didnt see my screen.....

Woody5442

All,

Ive seen the anchor at hughes but never knew that there was a wreck there.....Ill have to go to youtube and look at the wreck video.....guess it might be bennificial for me to invest the 100 bucks into a navtronics card for my GPS......

Woody5442

Okay...this is all starting to make some sense to me.  I am betting I hooked a submerged plant/tree/branch of somekind with the ball and probe and it just snapped.  But i have seen some things on my charts and didnt know what they were.  Thank good ness I have not lost anything around them, a couple of times its just that I have run over it, but not while trolling.  I am gonna have to find these and mark up, so I dont add to the list of lost tackle!!

I don't see that wreck east of Pultneyville on my Navionics but I don't doubt it's there. Nautical Charts are updated frequently because someone finds an uncharted obstruction.

I think the Navionics card is great. I plug it into my FF and use the split screen plotter/sonar feature and the plotter let's you know your exact position. You can stay within certain depths also by following the depth contour lines and you can find your way home easily in unfamiliar waters.

They could be cribs too which are wooden beam structures filled with rock to anchor water intake pipelines and such. Where a wreck symbol is more oval shaped a crib symbol is round on the chart. There's a wreck east of the Genesee River on this screen cap and several cribs at the end of a pipeline west of it. The square red marks are rocks.

post-151648-0-40421800-1374155072_thumb.jpg

The wre k just east of hughes is in 100 fow and is marked by a blue and white bouy. The pville yacht club has a race bouy halfway to hughes in 70izh fow and also one to the west and they r unlit so be car efull blasting around at night. Also if anyone is a history buff check out the war of 1812 on line they used pville for a marina for that back then.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Lake Ontario United mobile app