The Curse of Sodus

I apologize to everyone... I messed with voodoo I didn't understand and I must have turned Saturday's 3-5s into 6-8s and todays 2-4s into 6-10s!

The curse is strong in this port! Anyone want in on some "I survived the Sodus ProAm" tshirts? I'm thinking of putting 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 all crossed out below it with a picture of the boat from "The Perfect Storm" driving up that monster wave.

Congrats to anyone who braved the weather and lived to tell about it! The coastguard said they had 12 calls Saturday one of which had the C130 out searching as most of us saw. Today I heard at least two boats report mayday... it was NASTY out there.

Look forward to doing it again next year, but I'm taking Stoutner's boat!

Nick

nick great fishing with weekend. things really put people and there gear to the test and our hats are off to everyone involved . we got some really cool video of Saturday's waves. and im pretty sure  it was at the waves "best" when we decided to hammer  back west  around 10am or so. im not sure how to put it on here but im sure I could get it emailed if some want to see just how big noaha's 3-5ft are lol. our little 18ft penn  really took a pounding.

Edited by crumcake1223

and todays 2-4s into 6-10s!

The curse is strong in this port! Anyone want in on some "I survived the Sodus ProAm" tshirts? I'm thinking of putting 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013 all crossed out below it with a picture of the boat from "The Perfect Storm" driving up that monster wave.

Congrats to anyone who braved the weather and lived to tell about it! The coastguard said they had 12 calls Saturday one of which had the C130 out searching as most of us saw. Today I heard at least two boats report mayday... it was NASTY out there.

Look forward to doing it again next year, but I'm taking Stoutner's boat!

Nick

I'd be interested in one of those! Could I get three - one with puke and another with rally on the back for my crew? They only made it about an hour before donating breakfast!

nick great fishing with weekend. things really put people and there gear to the test and our hats are off to everyone involved . we got some really cool video of Saturday's waves. and im pretty sure it was at the waves "best" when we decided to hammer back west around 10am or so. im not sure how to put it on here but im sure I could get it emailed if some want to see just how big noaha's 3-5ft are lol. our little 18ft penn really took a pounding.

Crum, you guys are diehards! I can't even imagine being out there in an 18fter!!!

Great job today, you'll have to let me know what you did to turn them on... We found some big fish and threw every lure we had at them but couldn't get a single one to bite... I'm pretty sure if any tried we gave them whiplash as our lures were probably zippin down there!!!

Funny voodoo stuff Nick ! The tournament was great times and I wish I could have spoken with you and everyone else more than I did, but I had to fish those conditions with just myself and my 14 year old son Justin and while all ended well and we squeezed out 5th place, comeback award and big youth king and brown.....I got a serious ass kicking out there! I was pretty well mentally and physically shot by days end, both days!

Justi made me proud though, landing all our fish Sunday going 8 for 8 including a 27 lb king on the 700 copper in solid 8 footers. The fish gods were with him, because that king was barely hooked and he couldn't keep tension on it while it (and we) surfed the waves.

Funny story, I was so busy just trying to keep our 24 ftr boat strait, keep a good speed and Keep our 6 rods from getting tangled, Ilost track of where we were. We pull lines around 1:30 to head in, and I think I am a few miles west, only to find I am 13 miles west!!! My poor 35 year old boat had to do 27-28 mph all the way in 4-5 foot seas. I was airborne a few times and honestly wasn't sure she'd hold together, but as usual she got the job done and we made it in safe and sound with 2 min. To spare and a very unorganized mess everywhere. As we are running and I see the lighthouse, I told Justin the story of you and I running in on day 2 in 2009 and blowing an out drive while in first place and thinking we'd never get there in time, only to make it with seconds to spare...good times!!!

Good job to you and your team, and every team team that fished and survived! In the end, it was great fun and it was evident at the awards how much fun everyone had. Justin and Ican't wait to do it again!

All i can say is that it was a wild ride.   Crum/Dipsy Ranger great job in an otherwise insane conditions.  I have a 23' penn yan and would not have wanted to be out in that, unless I had a VERY experienced crew.  I couldnt believe when i saw you guys out there on Sunday.   THANK GOD for Wayne Stoutner and his boat, cause that made everything a little (okay alot) easier!  Nick you would have been a welcome addition.....especially after wayne laid down for alike a 2 hr nap! :thinking:  but who am I to tell..... Just ask Ellie for the pictures! :rofl:

Now for the Salmon Slam and it BETTER be good weather Mr. Tournament President.....  LOL

Jay