Anchor System Islander 221V

Adk1

So, would like to hear from some Islander or other cuddy owners on how they store/dispatch their bow anchor. Kind of a PITA. would like to get a perminent anchor mount for the bow. dont know what is out there that would work. Suggestions/ideas would be helpful

do you have the line storage area in the front? Mine does but no idea how much it holds. I am not thinking about a power one, just one that would hold my anchor in a fixed position on the bow..I could then pop up through the hatch and just drop the anchor rather than carrying the anchor through the cuddy and out the hatch or rather than trying not to fall in the drink when walking the gunnels to the front!

• 2 weeks later...

I got that rope locker in the front as well . it holds about 50feet of 3/8 line. I just bought 100 feet of that 1/4 inch ploy line crap to replace it because 50 ft just wont cut it. Looks like I'm going to go the same route as you. A anchor roller to protect the bow with a locking pin to pin the chain back. Just pop up through the hatch and drop it. I actually fell carrying the anchor around the side. Lost an anchor and 3 ft of chain. was not fun! at all thank god the boat wasn't moving

So, would like to hear from some Islander or other cuddy owners on how they store/dispatch their bow anchor. Kind of a PITA. would like to get a perminent anchor mount for the bow. dont know what is out there that would work. Suggestions/ideas would be helpful

I never anchor off the bow it allows the boat to sway side to side to much I always anchor off one of the rear corners and she stays put. I have about 1 foot of free board at my transom where the outboard doors and regularly anchor up in 3 footers that way with next to waves ending up in the boat. When I'm done I throw the 200' of 5/8" anchor rope on the floor next to the corner I anchor off.

Sent from my thinking chair...

well on the Great Sacandaga he have allot of Islands that the family likes to goto. having said that, anchoring up stern to the island really helps accessing the boat from the Island. There are also usually plenty of boat waves hitting the boat and havign the bow pointing out is nice

My father in law had one if those MinnKota electric windlass anchor systems that he never uses would you be interested in something like that?

that would be ideal however I doubt would ever hold the Islander?

it holds his 5000lbs walk around. It's a MinnKota Deckhand 40. Made to hold a 40lbs anchor.

Just a SAFETY WARNING TO ABOVE POST.............(I always anchor off the rear corner)..............

If its dead calm water and all is well this could be the only time to consider rear corner..........

But if things are going bad (loss of power) or bumpy water NEVER NEVER NEVER anchor off the rear of the boat..you always want the bow into the wind and waves or you will end up on bottom faster than a rock..

• 3 weeks later...

Tie you anchor line into your bow eye,before or when launching the boat. Tie another rope on to your anchor line with an eye in it so it slides on the anchor line & long enough reach your cockpit/deck area when anchored. When you want to anchor let all the rope out. When you want to move use the slider rope to pull the anchor line to you while moving forward & off to the side of the anchor line. coil the rope on the deck or in a 5 gal pail. Try it, It works.  jmo.

• 2 weeks later...

Tie you anchor line into your bow eye,before or when launching the boat. Tie another rope on to your anchor line with an eye in it so it slides on the anchor line & long enough reach your cockpit/deck area when anchored. When you want to anchor let all the rope out. When you want to move use the slider rope to pull the anchor line to you while moving forward & off to the side of the anchor line. coil the rope on the deck or in a 5 gal pail. Try it, It works.  jmo.

HEY, WILL HAVE TO TRY THAT. THANKS!