trolling Cayuga

Hi all, I have been lurking around here for awhile trying to gain some knowledge on trolling for trout and salmon. I have a little camping trip trip planned with my son next week to Cayuga and I was wondering if I have everything I need. I have a small 16 so I dont have a ton of room. Here is my plan please let me know if it will work.. I realize this is fishing so nothing is a sure thing but I hope i am on the right track to catch a few.

Eairly moring flat lining w spoons for LL's 

leadcore to get me down a bit. I have 1 rod w 5 colors and 1 w 4 colors ( Do I need more colors?) My boards have a hard time getting out with that many colors so I hope they are enough.

mid morning switching to down riggers

small dipsy's

and leadcore on planner boards.

So my question is what color spoons do I need to increase my odd's of hooking up. Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks

Troutperch

5 colors might work, but I would have the riggers and the dipsies out in the Am too.   I like spoons with orange and spoons with green in the 3 + "  in length. Got some nice lakers on Mag size last week .    Check some of the posts guys have pictures with the  spoons and the fish.  I haven't tried to run flashers and flys behind small dipsies, and not sure how small you have.  

Silver and blue have done pretty well this year, too. I was out Monday night and the weeds and the fleas were absolutely awful. We quit early because it was too much like work.You will want to make sure that you are taking care to keep a pretty narrow setup so you can possibly maneuver around weeds and also that you have flea-resistant line on your riggers and diver rods or it will be more of a headache than it's worth. Ideal water temps were between 40 and 55 feet down.

If the power pro is braid that loads up quickly with the pesky hitchhikers.  The  only solution is 30lb flea flicker line. Try 85 fow and if you can run on bottom with a rigger for lakers, spoons or FF.    FingerlakesTackle.com will give you the best spoons available.  Spin doctors with blue/white flies been hot for us.  Troll different speeds keep experimenting this site is loaded with great info form guys like Big Dave and SK8man.  Good luck 

I like to use a greene spin doctor with a greene fly on my dipsys. I like to use honybee spoons shallow for land locks, and I like to use orange stickdaits on the in lines. I usually put a honybee on one board and a stickbait on the other.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

small copper spoons are deadly on Cayuga.  The fleas will make the braid unusable pretty fast. Do you have any wire dipsy set ups? If so, bring those and leave the braid at home.  As far as rigger rods go you can splice in some 30# flea flicker or mono between your mainline and leader to combat the flea issue.

Well I just got back from our little vacation and we didn't do very well. It was so windy yesterday that we couldn't really fish. I had a hard time keeping the boat straight long enough to get set up. We did manage one short LL yesterday afternoon. Lost an hour or better helping a guy pull his sail boat in after he couldn't get it up righted. Marked a bunch this morning but they wouldnt cooperate! At least I had some good father son time and enjoyed being out. There is alway next time. Thanks for all the tips and pointers I put them to good use.

The guys on this site are great help so keep after it you'll get into em.  They make it seem easy when you read the posts, but you cant forget how experienced most of these guys are...most importantly congrats on the father son time its more important than the fish!

justin