mounting transducer

Chromeslayer

Put it on the starboard side about a foot away from the props blade and make sure you don't mount it in front of a skate.I also went with a board to mount my ducers one thing I didn't do is Mount the board a 1/2 inch from the bottom I mounted mine flush :? then after I read the book that came with the boat that's what it told me to do 1/2 inch from the bottom.Nice rig good luck let us know how it comes out.

I would mount the board the board Jimski is talking about. Thru hulls are not really an option with aluminum hulls. Also with thru hulls and trailers you gotta be perfect every time you load.

Mount the board with 4 holes and you wont have to drill another one.

Good luck with your new ride!

Cs- I'd put the board here.

boat.jpg

but as Erby said - Don't mount the transducer behind a a skate. The board should be above the bottom of the boat but the bottom of the transducer should be below the bottom of the boat.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

I'd go way out there:

1 - Get it as far away from engine turbulance as possible. That size engine (prop & lower unit) will have a pretty good drag at slow speeds that may mess up your readings.

2. - Rooster tail at high speed. You'd have a better chance that less of it would be thrown back into the boat.

3 - That size engine on a lightweight boat may not slow down enough & you might want to look at a small kicker in the future so leave as much room as possible on the transom.

4- You might want to net the "big one" back there.

5- If you fall overboard without a ladder out, (and engine off) you can always climb up the lower unit to get back in the boat. (...worry about cutting your foot on the prop rather than ripping your knee open on transducer)

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s kidding about that last one...

SLayer,

Welcome to the board, the time is approaching to get her wet. I would agree with Erin and Tom on the placement, I like that you are using the board from Cableas. that is what we put on ours, and it has been there for 12 years now. Depending on which size you got, the big one would allow you to put your screws above the water line. goo dLuck, keep the pics coming as you out fit your new baby. Good Luck.

Rich