Fleas

I'll say I usually notice that their pattern looks like:

3 weeks where they are building but not awful

4 or 5 weeks where they are brutal

3 weeks where they decline 

That said, the whole game with them appears to be water temperature so the earlier it gets warm the faster they start, the longer it stays warm the worse they are. This might be a bumper year for the evil bastards.

Fleas are BAD right now.  I had them sticking to 30lb mono, sticking to the wire on the dipsys, sticking to everything!!!!!!   I don't even want to talk about the mess that was on the coated cable for the probe.

Fleas are BAD right now. I had them sticking to 30lb mono, sticking to the wire on the dipsys, sticking to everything!!!!!! I don't even want to talk about the mess that was on the coated cable for the probe.

I was planning a trip for friday or saturday looks like I will need to pull lines often or hope the fish do it for me. I am planning on spooling up with some 40 lbs mono hopefully they stay off.

Sent from the awesomeness of Chas!

I'm new to the flea problem. I'm reading where some folks are spooling with heavier mono. Are they less of a problem on the heavier weight mono? How do you clean them off the line? Are they a problem on steel down rigger line? Thanks fo any info you can give.

Boat Safe

Egoody

I've used 30 lb flea flicker line for years and never have a problem. My dipsy rods will accumulate 3 or 4 feet of them but it doesn't seem to hurt bc its not at the lure and we still get bites on them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I was out last Friday and today from Sandy.   Barely a flea on the lines.    2 weeks ago, I had to slap the rods to break them off.

Running 25# mono on the riggers, and 7 strand wire on the dipsy.

Thankfully I've never seen fleas as bad as some of those pics.....

They were pretty bad out from Sodus Point day as well. They seemed to like the 30 lb 7 strand much better than my Blood Run 30 lb See Flea mono though...