Flashers pulling spoons?

Does anyone pull spoons behind rotators or spin doctors? Someone told me to do it the other day and honestly I have never heard of such a thing. My theory was the action of the spinny would make it so the spoon wouldn't swim right. I could be wrong but wanted to get some more opinions. Thanks.

when you pull spoons behind flashers/spinnys you make the leader longer so they arent affected or barely have a change in action.

so a 3-4 ft leader for 8" flasher.  a-tom-miks behind flashers are far more productive IMO

I often  use small red or yellow jensen dodgers with super slim dreamweavers for coho and steelhead. Browns seem to be attracted by frog dodgers with frog lures

Some of the biggest steelhead I have caught have come on a flasher and spoon.  I run longer leads...like 4' to the spoon.  Usually a small thin spoon with a treble.  Smaller sized R&R spoons, DW SS, or Smaller sized northport nailers.  The strikes are always violent!!!

I don't normally run spoons behind flashers but you should be able to run them at least with a 4' lead. However since I started using the Hot Spot Agitator that's all I've run behind them. They're specifically designed to run spoons or body baits behind them without interfering with the action of the spoon or body bait. Dodgers are a different kettle of fish. You're trolling a lot slower with a dodger than with a flasher.

What leader material are you using Chad?

Adam, I am using 30 lb green big game mono for leader.  As stated the hits are violent and have had lesser mono break at the hit.  When you see underwater footage of steelhead hitting the trailing bait off a flasher, it is like they are a little spooked by paddle and charge in with a fast swipe-and-run maneuver.   As steelhead go deeper in the summer try blues for colors.