Dunkirk NY Report

RD9

Fish out of dunkirk often and figured I would give a report and hope to see if any others out there would like to share a report from dunkir/Barcelona. Went out July 13th and 14th west of dunkirk trolling north and south 65 to 90 ft got 7 on the 13th and 11 eyes on the 14th. Fishing was tough. Fish came in the top 30ft or below 55ft on 10 color. We went out again yesterday north to 80ft and found several good pockets and boated 3 in a hr in a half. Lake proceeded to get rough out of th NE and we came in at 6pm. No ryme or reason 1 eye off a little dipsey's down 25ft. One off a five color and one of a ten color. The fish are scattered through out the water column. I have also am almost completely giving up on worms not because the don't work but because the silver bass are horrible. Ranowski sticks have caught 75 percent of the fish and all the big ones. We have also caught a large amount of 18 to 21 inch fish that impressively push 4lbs.

Silver bass have been horrible this year, for sure.

No consistency on what we are getting them on either. Yday, we got fish on 6 different setups.

I try to post reports here.....to help out Chad and LOU, but don't always remember. I do

keep up do date via my journal on my website.

John

We always did good trolling from Chaumont bay towards the north shore of Galoo, we always managed a 5 or 6 fish on that troll there are holes and humps on that troll, every time we come off a hump if there were any hooks we would connect with an eye, Hopefully towing boat up this weekend so will post our results as that is our first trip of the day and that puts us near the trench and if that don't produce it's off to the cliffs, see what happens 

That's a big one. Gonna try in morning if it calms down. Gonna make a day of it. Haven't been out since last Monday. Fishing in con club tourney this coming weekend. How did you end up overall at sunset with total wieght of six.

Got 9 in the boat didn't leave dock till four only had one other guy . Big dipsey's 80 ft down over 80 ft. It's rough tripled twice lost a bunch. Ten colors also got hit knot in the water.

Yea got them yesterday afternoon. Went NE. Fish were hugging the bottom completely different then last time I was out. Big dipsey's 220 back with fireline when we turned bounced bottom. We tripled twice with four poles out. Worms or sticks it didn't matter. Fire tiger reynowsky was the best fish. Caught four that were 18inches and only one silver bass.

Got 8 yesterday all little one seven lbs biggest. got a ton today 23 all together wieghed in 23.3 lbs for best three had 8 over 6lb. Fishing is wonderful out of dunkirk.

Eastern basin walleyes and perch have stacked in 75+ feet of water this summer after record 90+ degree temperatures. Surface and bottom temperatures are that same at 75 foot depths. Go out to deeper waters than usually fished now. Walleyes are deeper and even 10 color leadcore rigs are not enough now.

bp

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

R

Com Club Derby

Jim Dolly Team. 75.63 pounds for 9 walleyes over three tough fishing days. 10.21 for the big fish. Dunlirk Observer Sports has the story.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Went out Tuesday afternoon pretty slow only got 3 after work. Went east out of dunkirk caught the fish in 75 ft of water 65 to 70 down. Went back out this morning started Nw of harbor in 100 ft and didn't get any until we got back into 75 to 85 ft and they were 60 down and below. Caught 3 on ten color 2 on dipsey and five off the riggers roughly 70 ft down. Watermelon harness took

fish off riggers. Reynowsky off 10 color that goofy green and white on with pink spots has been hot all year for us. Ended the day with 10 in five hrs. Caught about every size under eight pounds.

We were between Brocton and Dunkirk in 90 ft yesterday, marked lots of walleye, could not get them to go.Back at Brocton Shoal the Lake Trout action was non stop.Trolled back toward Barcelona in 3 to 4 ft waves and picked up 5 walleye right out front of the harbor in 85 ft water with Renosky's in rainbow trout color. Bite did not start until 5 pm!

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

How far north off center rd? We were doing really well about 2 to 3 miles from the boarder that way a few weeks ago, but its been a steady bite

Just out of Dunkirk in 85 ft so we haven't ventured out to far. The fish we have been graphing have been in small pockets spread out. No real big school and no set pattern besides getting your lure below 60 ft. It hasn't mattered wether its a stick bait/chatter stick or harness they have all been catching fish.