Dunkirk NY Report

RD9

Trolling for muskies at night in the Buffalo Harbor we marked walleyes behind the walls from south gap to north gap, also up Buffalo creek.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Captain Larry,

Just wondered how often you picked up walleyes when trolling for muskies? We pick up plenty of Tigers trying for eyes and I wondered if it goes the other way. Also we find tigers in the walleyes, ever look in the muskies and see walleye? Of course you aren't opening them up, but I can usually see if there's anything big in a walleye before I kill em.

justin

This summer on Chautauqua Lake we caught a lot of walleyes while trolling for muskies, at 3.8 mph on Wiley 5 1/2" jtd crankbaits.Most of the eyes are 27 to 30".We usually do not catch walleyes in the Buffalo Harbor until the water cools down below 45 degrees and we are trolling 14" Legend Plows at 2.0 mph.Walleye & Bass will eat 9 to 11" muskie fingerlings when they are stocked.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's about what we see on Otisco. 5 inch baits all summer fast, and long stickbaits in the fall, but we stay in the 18 20 cm range. The stocked tigers are a bit smaller than your muskies. Thanks for the info Captain Larry.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app