Seneca Seneca 7/22/2013

Seneca 7/22/2013

Got down to the launch around 6:15 or so and messed around getting boat off trailer for 10 minute or so…..DUH…..tow line got tangled on trailer tongue……Off we go ( Kinger and I)……plan on checking a good spot for browns that has not been worth a crap since 2005 hey day………… set up out deep and stayed there for over hour and a half…… got first rigger in at 25’ second at 50’ and got line ready to hook in release on third and 50’er is throbbing……….. jumped on it and got a bow to the side of the boat about 19†shook him off and set up again………….dropped third rigger to 61’ and moved 25’er down to 41’…………..50’ goes again with a good laker 27†6+# in the box………. Middle rigger goes while I putting 50’er back in good fish another bow or landlock…….reeling 50’er rod in with one hand and holding other and loose fish…..later 41’er goes again with a bow about 17†shook it off at the side of the boat………….50’er acting funky popped it and landed a 8†bow …… then things slowed down worked into area I had planned……….61’ rigger goes  but loose it after a bit felt and acted like a laker……… getting hot and Kingerboy is giving me the evil eye so I told him I’d pull up and head back to east side and work that for a hour or so………….got my bright sun stuff out and put them down out a tad deep………….bam!!!  50’ rigger goes with my bestest( Pete now your spoon hammers a big laker )bow spoon……… afte a bit land a 27.75†laker  just a tad over 9#’s………box him……… after bleeding all over the boat…………..put that rod away……..and spoons I had out…….61’ rigger goes……………..18†laker put him back…………..41’ rigger is released ….reel like crazy still in the rod holded……no one home called it a day……………….

Ran two 30# FF rods with out any problems......... I had a rod loaded up wit mean green Mccoy line..... fleas slid right down to my barrel swivel so I put it on tne beanch and got the 30# Ande out......was a tad better than the Mccoy but the FF was great........ hope too hear more about the blood run....... set up like my riggs.......main line , barrel swivel , 30' to 40' leader , ........ if I'm just running flasher fly  I could get away with Mean Green or Ande BUT not with the barrel swivel 30' from the spoon..............

Pic of Kingerboy for Pat…..as you can see he don’t like getting up early………..

post-139487-0-45189500-1374515711_thumb.jpg

post-139487-0-86777000-1374515753_thumb.jpg

Met 1dogshy at the launch when I came back in Kingerboy was happy with all the petting he got.....LOL......

Ed, this year has been a great year for bows. Big and small. Have you been getting many that are 10-15"? I know they stocked the last two seasons on south end but do not know size as they never clipped fins...

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Ed, this year has been a great year for bows. Big and small. Have you been getting many that are 10-15"? I know they stocked the last two seasons on south end but do not know size as they never clipped fins...

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Nick the past three years have been GREAT for bows for me.........anyway get some in the 8" to 9" range that have the V-tail like a salmon at first glance.....then looking closer you can see it's a bow........  some in the 16" to 17" class the rest 3 to 5 pounds........... these 16"ers don't seem to have the body mass that a 12" a few years ago had !!!!!!