Walleye LOU-All?

After reading the Cayuga LOU-All thread I was wondering if any other fellow LOU walleye hunters would be interested in having a similar get together?  I realize that we are spread out a bit more, but Oneida is a central location and has numbers.  Just throwing this out there please feel free to comment.   I think it would be a great way meet new people and put faces with names, and a little friendly competition might be fun.    

Justin

Well lets start talking dates and see where this goes. I think the only weekends I definitely cant make it are July 26-28, and August 16-18. As far as location goes Im not that familiar with any other launches on Oneida other than Oneida Shores, and something more midlake would be better for those of us with slower boats. Camping would be plus too, but Ill go anywhere.

justin

South shore access area looks fine with me, and free sounds good.  Some one throw a date out...we are the only group within LOU that doesn't really do this,  the musky, trout and salmon, and bass guys all get together and fish.  If you don't have someone to fish with pair up.  We can do this...everybody has fished Oneida and I read lots of posts from you guys, so lets hear from you! 

justin

Walleye LOU-ALL I would be interested, I'm in the process in bringing my boat up in a week or two, I finally got it all together 2 years in the making what a better way to break her in with all us walleye guys together, even if I don't have boat I would make the run up just for the first get together, hand shakes and a beer sounds good enough for me, so count me in. Come up with a date & time if I'm not up there it's a 4.5 hour drive for me, but I can stay at our camp in the Black River Camp Grounds, which I would trailer down from if we are going to fish a little!!! Thanks PAP.

I think august is probably best because once it gets past labor day weather becomes an issue and in fall a lot of us will be doing our serious fishing and hunting gets going earlier now too! That narrows it down to august 3-4 or 10-11 24-25. I vote either of the first two weekends before my son is back to college, but those 3 all can work for me. That's the spirit PAP...and if you don't have a boat you can join one of us...I have room, but we're gonna fish more than a little on my boat!! Ill be camping somewhere nearby as Ill have to pull the boat from Otisco and put her back on the way home.

justin

Can we get this pinned to the top at least till we figure out if its possible? Come on guys give me some feedback...there is more than 5 guys out there that fish for walleyes...heck there's a bunch of you that fish oneida every week anyway...heres a chance to meet guys that share a common interest.

You guys are reading anything thats posted in the walleye section...everyone cant always be a lurker...ask questions at least.... we wont bite!

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by justtracytrolling

The weekend of 8/3 is out for me, but the following one is a good possibility. I can't really be certain until the last minute as I just returned to work after a six month layoff and may get stuck with weekend coverage. It's tough being low man on the totem pole after all these years! Good Fishing, Sluggo (Chris)

I'm open pretty much unless the big eyes really get fired up on the big o. My only drawback will be weather as were going to use little boat. 15 ft.

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That date is good for me, so lets come up with a meeting place & time and I'll be there. This will be really cool to be able to put faces and names with our member titles, lets make this a good event and maybe we could meet on other lake in the future, PAP.

Im ok with the south shore launch unless someone knows of a midlake launch with camping...say 6am start...heaviest 3 fish limit or just heaviest walleye or both? They do $10 a boat for the cayuga lou all...im open to whatever you guys want im just looking to get as many of us involved as possible. Lets go fishing guys!

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Either sat or sun 8-10/8-11 is fine ill come for the weekend and maybe if we can all try to keep Saturday and Sunday open we could have 2 choices on the weather.  I was hoping to come fri afternoon to Sunday weather permitting.  Don't be afraid to post your ideas here this isn't my walleye LOU-ALL its OURS!!! 

justin

There is still time for us to get some more people involved...I know there is a bunch of you that fish oneida regularly...come join us and lets go fishing! You dont have to launch at south shores just come for the weigh in and sign up here ahead of time.

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

South shore access area looks fine with me, and free sounds good.  Some one throw a date out...we are the only group within LOU that doesn't really do this,  the musky, trout and salmon, and bass guys all get together and fish.  If you don't have someone to fish with pair up.  We can do this...everybody has fished Oneida and I read lots of posts from you guys, so lets hear from you! 

justin

South shore access is very shallow especially late in the year...  if you have never launched there it can be tough for some boats. I refuse to access there anymore after a couple incidents a few years ago.  They dredge it but it does not seem to be deep enough, some others may have up to date status on depth there.   

Oneida shores on the south shore closer to the west end is a pay launch that has camping also. I think I was told that the launch is free to those that camp. 

North shore access is godfrey point state boat launch so it is free, I believe it is right accross from south shore launch. It has a nice parking lot, porta-johns and

a nice ramp, just further for some to drive to get there.

I like Oneida shores but it takes me almost an hour to get out to open weed free areas to troll...my toon only goes 8mph, and needs a deep launch, but Ill make it work for me...just want to go with what will work for the group...

justin

Unfortunately there isnt enough interest in a walleye LOU ALL for me to pull the boat to head to oneida unless something changes in the next day or two. If any of the 4-5 boats that were interested wanna come to Otisco ill take care of the launch fees and we'll have an informal get together. Ill be staying right there Friday thru Sunday.

Justin

Sent from my N9500 using Lake Ontario United mobile app