August Browns

Is it worth targeting Brown trout in the month of August..I know sounds like a dumb question  when the Kings of the lake are on the move...Especially in the areas around Oswego & Mexico Bay.. Well its more for my wife, whom had open heart surgery few years back, and fears the pressure of a big King on the move mite be too much to handle..She has managed good sized Lakers up to 11 lbs and small browns and landlocks on our normal fishing lakes of Champlain and lake George.. But big O produces giants when it come to the salmon..So we thought maybe browns would be a target..Figured if anyone had a good opinion it would be u guys..Thanks in advance for any info...Tite lines to u all in the mean time.....

Target the bottom where you have 55 degree temp, and fish it like we fish lake trout on the bottom of Champlain. It usually works well, but be prepared to see some larger browns. They're a lot of fun this time of year. Tight lines!

Thanks for the feed back guys..I hear ya bout the bigger browns of lake O....Luv those fish..Chase them all over the catskill mtn. Reservoirs for 40 years..Can't get enough of them...Salmon---Did u say Schroon lake..Luv that lake also..Spent many days chasing lakers and the LL salmon there..But the years catching up on me now, So figure maybe take a shot at the browns on Lake O..Fished there a number of times.for the Kings.U feelas that have good access there are blessed..Thanks again for any info..Btw probably have to charter with one of the services up there..Wish i could get my own boat there..Fish on fellas  nail those big uns.....LOL

Hey salmon freak! We have a cabin right in pottersville too! Schroon is an awesome lake although I've never had much luck with lls there I have caught some 5 lb lakers. You guys run spoons for lakers there or what! I don't get over there enough to figure the place out. I'm there only a few times a year. Let me know man private message me I'd love to get a schroon lake report as there definitely aren't any lake George or schroon reports on here!

Salmon & Bobby, your right about this forum its the best on Lake Ontario as it should be..You mite be interested in the forums Lake champlain United...And Fish 307..They have a forum also attached thru their web site.  Which is on lake George..You may have bought tackle from their shop..Its located behind the log jam resturant...Maybe see u over there..    I go by the handle Slider there. I don't post to often but there is info on lake Geo there and Champlain plus a number of other ADK  Lakes......

3feathers.....love Champlain. Lake Champlain United is new to me. Although I don't go there often, living in the fingers Big O area, I've never been skunked there....always the opposite. Thanks for the tip. We R lucky to live in a state where from corner to corner, throughout, fresh to salt, there R hundreds of great different waters to fish in.... :yes:

Fellas thanks again for the info on Brown Trout fishing on Lake O....One last question and I'll leave you fellas to your King salmon quests...How late into Aug would u think brown trout fishing is worth attempting in the Mexico Bay area...I'd say your located in an ideal area there Panfisher..Between Lake O and the fingers must be tough for u to leave to test out new waters..But i think sometimes the unknown about a new body of water is exciting in itself..Any ways hope you guys have a great season..Thanks for the advice Your all the best...

I will be launching out of Mexico mid August. So basically just head out into that 70' range and start fishing eh? Same setups, spoons, flasher/flies?