Fished out of Sodus with my wife and a friend from work. Morning started out really bad. Our motor wasnt circulating water so we pulled the boat and headed back to the house to flush it out. Got that fixed and put the boat back in. First lines werent in until about 8 am. Lots of warm water in shallow so we headed deeper. Action was good all morning on everything. We messed up our one copper so we ended up putting out a 10 color core. I couldnt believe our biggest king was caught on it with aspoon. It was bumpy out there. Ended up catching 3 browns 3 steelies and 3 mature kings. 34# beast pictured below

IMG_20130722_130602.jpg

Nice fish! Im taking my 9 year old out tomorrow for his birthday. Deep as in 300? I have had some luck with spoons this year as well. Fun to catch on!

Nice fish! Im taking my 9 year old out tomorrow for his birthday. Deep as in 300? I have had some luck with spoons this year as well. Fun to catch on!

We were in 200-300 fow all day

That is a great major! Yeah, too bad that we didn't have that weather for the Pro Am. Let me guess....your not in the Summer LOC?

the guy fishing with us wasnt in the derby. Anyway we revived it and it swam off. It didnt fight like you would expect a king that big to fight.

the guy fishing with us wasnt in the derby. Anyway we revived it and it swam off. It didnt fight like you would expect a king that big to fight.

Woohoo.....that is awesome that its back to live another day. It is sometimes so hard to actually keep a fish that big, almost as hard as letting it go!