Cayuga Lake

Rented a house on the north side of the lake for next week. Have never fished on Cayuga before. I have all the goodies (downriggers, planer boards) and have fished Ontario numerous times, Any recommendations as to where on the lake to fish and how? Troll,Jig etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated and save me lots of gas.

Brian

My parents have a camp on Cauga Lake and I have been fishing it for years the fishing there is not good. I have had the best luck trolling. You can catch perch there but there small and hard to get (mostly because of weeds). I wound not even try bass fishing it is terrible. I like trolling there. Anything green is usually good I like to use a greene dipsey with a greene spin doctor and a greene fly. Rigers I like to use honey bee's in orange or purple. Boards I like to use orange stick baits. Greene is my most productive color for lakers. Honey bee's are for landlock's.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the info. Was planning on trolling outside of long point, have heard good things. Not looking to fish for perch or bass. Normally fish Lake Erie and catch loads of them.

Brian

I usually fish the middle to southern end and do quite well this time of year, we hit the east bank and look for schools of bait holding over 50 to 80 feet, drop spoons at the bottom of the pods and run through at 2.5 to 3, best ones for me are are white greens and clowns for salmon. had a super day today! lakers are deeper, almost bounce bottom w greens on a flasher f and a few on white spoons. hit everything today after the weather left, good luck!