Seneca Seneca 7/23/2013 & 7/25, 7/26 ,7/27

Seneca 7/23/2013

As soon as the rain almost stopped Kinger and I was at the launch.........set up right out of the shoot and trolled north.....lots of weeds and fleas.........after a country mile had a release and nothing....... then a bit father north 50' rigger rod come up some I move to it and it relaeses reel like heck and got it............then it makes a good run and comes off....... another country mile or so and same deal om 41' rigger rod up noone home............then a half a country mile and 50'er goes again......hook-up and land a 19" landlock........ wind starts out of northwest so I turn and head back.................never moved a rod after that...............BUT Andy called and he and his boy were................I'll let him tell YA !!!!!! :P  :*

7/25...

Hit it again today with Hoot...... landed a landlock right off in the 1st 10 minutes or so the nothing for over 5 miles and 20 spoon changes..............then a 30 minute HOT spot landed 2 landlocks and a bow box those three...........bigger landlock was 61' down , bow 51' and smaller landlock at 41'........ dw ss spoons  ........... that ne wind was crazy out there...............down temp at 51' on east side  58* to 59*................ west side north of Long point 52* to 54*........ just south of Long Point.....  45* !!!!!!!!

post-139487-0-25032500-1374776469_thumb.jpg

7/26/2013 Seneca

Back out today with Hoot kinger stayed with Carol..............went 6 bows , 1 brown , 1 laker and 3 misses............ 51' , 61' best with 71' and 91' pulling a fish ....... Bob F FLT rocked today the UV sliver alwief was best !!!!!!...........

7/27/2013

Carol got out today 1st time fishing last time out we pulled her brother in with his whole family on the boat........................well it was a tad lumpy so I set-up just off the point to stay close if it got too bad for her........Kinger already didn't like it....... 61' rigger goes with Bob Fullers UV alwife net a 23" laker for Carol making her very happy......mess around in there for bit and it lays down some so we head north...... about a hour later 61'er goes again stick and hand the rod to her and I net a 18.5" 4# + brown for her and we call it after about  1 hour and 45 minutes........

post-139487-0-05268500-1374937834_thumb.jpg

Edited by ERABBIT

• 2 weeks later...

7/31/2013

Pick the great nephews up and brought them up to camp......go every thing unloaded some thing to eat boat ready and out we went.............ran the east side up two miles or so didn't see much on the screen so we went over to the west side....... ( a shame to the weeds were few to none )....... set up deep had one rigger in and  just hooked line in the realse on second and I yell to them to get that rod.......fish on and boxed a 17" rainbow....... ...got rest of rod in water and worked back thru with out any thing else going on.......so we worked south and in closer to shore......picked up three lakers 13.5" , 15" and boxed a 20"er.......had one more taker but we didn't hook up..........said they are getting up early so we see what they can do in the morning..............

Pat and Andy ( no smiles....Oh well....LOL )

post-139487-0-17906400-1375314202_thumb.jpg

Seneca 8/1/2013

I was up at 5am coffee was done  but weather didn't look good so I let the boys sleep.............around 7:15am or so we got some raingear around and gave it a go...........trolled south .....finnaly got a hit good fish and lost it.......... the we picked up a laker about 18" and boxed him had to sodbuster trick him to hit....trolled back north work out deep picked up two rainbows and lost a GOOD one..... boxed the 20"er and put the smaller one back....... 41' , 51' and 92' ...... all BF FLT spoons today

Kingerboy didn't like this rain crap at all....

post-139487-0-92198200-1375382063_thumb.jpg

Andy finnally with a smile......

post-139487-0-83984900-1375382134_thumb.jpg

Edited by ERABBIT

Way to go Ed! I think I'll be fishing down that way next time....Canandaigua has become a little too empty these days.

Seneca 8/2/2013

Woke up at a tad before 5am rolled over and a minute or two later I hear Andy alarm go off............... I just got back in now and cleaned last fish what a morning slow start then it was reel good action .......boys ended up with a grand slam between them........more later and pictures have to get some thing to eat...................

Ok here we go......

Hoot didn't go with us he had to leave and go home but said we were going to knot them.........

Ran thee riggers till the middle on base broke ( second time this has happen !!!!!  )   Best depth was 41' Bob Fuller spoon he doctor up for me has been good the last three times out.......the a DW sliver glow alwife  took the big guy and a few more.....didn't do much the first 30 minutes or so then missed one and after that it was just plain fun till 11ish.......

went 7 for 11 ...... at 10:30 all we needed for a grand slam was a laker and I told the boys if I could not get a laker I'd better quit............got the OLE dodger peanut out 15' of the ball and down she went....... some time around 11 we landed the laker and started to pull all lines and head back in..........  GREAT day with the boys and togather they got the Seneca GRAND SLAM !!!!!

Heres the tally...........

Patrick

Brown 6 # 22.5†and 16.5†, rainbow 2.5# 19.5â€

Andy ,

Brown 4.5# 21.5 , landlock 20†2# , laker 19.5† and  WOW !!!! brown 26† 10 #.......

The boys with their GRAND SLAM !!!!!

post-139487-0-88905900-1375466645_thumb.jpg

Patricks 6# brown !!!!

post-139487-0-04938700-1375466685_thumb.jpg

Andys 10# brown......

post-139487-0-98314400-1375466821_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bucky...... made me wore out just going back over this post !!!!! :lol:  :P

Good luck in FairHaven , I waited to long to book up there and Ole KingerBoy get ta shaking pretty bad here on Seneca with just a chop on the water I think he would have the BIG ONE on Lady O !!!!!!  If your shy a crew for a day or two give me a shout and I see if I can get a doggie sitter !!!!