we blanked yesterday.  really warm water water moved in.  74 down 85 and probably went deeper but my probe was acting up.

not many marks and not much bait.  went looking for kings set up in 100 went out to 220.  Then the north wind got strong and we came back to the inside with no hits and called it.

we blanked yesterday.  really warm water water moved in.  74 down 85 and probably went deeper but my probe was acting up.

not many marks and not much bait.  went looking for kings set up in 100 went out to 220.  Then the north wind got strong and we came back to the inside with no hits and called it.

It wasn't your probe. We were having a tough time finding any temp below 71 degrees on Monday. Not much bait or marks either. We didn't go beyond 220 ft of water though.

My probe was acting funny too before the cable holding it to the ball broke and I put it up for the day. It kept jumping every few seconds from 75 to 46 or so and at 1 point read 31. I had to go down 90 over 130 to get it to change at all from 74.

My question is: can the temps change that quick to affect the probe or was it malfunctioning? How quick does the probe react to the change?

Is there really water in the 30's over 130?

This is my first year with a probe and its not as easy as I thought is was going to be.

Thanks for any feedback

My probe was acting funny too before the cable holding it to the ball broke and I put it up for the day. It kept jumping every few seconds from 75 to 46 or so and at 1 point read 31. I had to go down 90 over 130 to get it to change at all from 74.

My question is: can the temps change that quick to affect the probe or was it malfunctioning? How quick does the probe react to the change?

Is there really water in the 30's over 130?

This is my first year with a probe and its not as easy as I thought is was going to be.

Thanks for any feedback

Batteries. Review your manual. Erratic readings are usually an indication that batteries need to be changed.

Edited by MikeyP

yeah that is where ridge runner got his fish in 200 feet.  What he didn't tell you was that he was fishing in my boat while I was out of town for work.  Hey ridge, did you at least put a couple gallons of gas in my rig? Special thanks to Mike at Mike's marina for fixing my boat in time for the weekend!!! I only gas up at his place now picked up a lot of water in my gas elsewhere and it screwed up my optimax royally> Good luck this weekend guys.\\Dave

Spent 6 hours tonight in the rain chasing the kings. We hit the stack most of the afternoon but never moved a rod. At 7:30 we went to 140 fow just off from the launce and landed 2 on 300 copper. Green frog with green fly. 7 lber and 22 lber. Boy it got rough coming in in my 18 footer but it was another great day out!