Marine plywood or pressure treated

Can anyone tell me if the is a difference and if so can I find marine plywood at home depot or lowes ? I would rather not order it online.. thank you !!

How much longer are you planning on keeping the boat? If I were to replace wood in my boat it woukd be with coosa board. Im pretty sure you can get it from almost any marina. Otherwise marine plywood.

Sent from the awesomeness of Chas!

You usually can't get it at the big box stores and the difference is a preparation and quality thing.

Marine: Dried layers, few if any voids, sealed and finished on all 6 sides.

PT: Usually green wood, finished on 2 sides, usually will 'bleed' toxins

What are you doing? Sometimes regular BC and some epoxy or gel is the better answer. 

I agree with YM above. I stopped using marine plywood when it was up to $80+ purchased locally. Wasn't impressed with it much anyways.

I have the most faith in exterior plywood (5-ply or more) with with a fiberglass resin coat on all surfaces.

The biggest thing to remember is to protect your investment from the elements. None of it holds up well long term to continuous rain, wet, dampness.

Coosa is more than marine ply.... The fact it's 100% rot free. The cost of the resin for wood and skipping that entire process makes it look better..

The new copper compounds in treated wood are very corrosive to aluminum and should not be in direct contact. It's usually soaking wet and heavy or all warped out if it's dry... I wouldn't recommend it... No matter how cheap it is... 

Just a suggestion. If supported properly (16" or less between supporting members) it would probably work fine. We've just epoxy coated marine plywood in the past and haven't had any issues yet. $800 a sheet is ridiculous. I do a lot of composite decking and at $75 per board mistakes are costly. I couldn't imagine the words that would come out if I made a mistake with starboard.

Just a suggestion. If supported properly (16" or less between supporting members) it would probably work fine. We've just epoxy coated marine plywood in the past and haven't had any issues yet. $800 a sheet is ridiculous. I do a lot of composite decking and at $75 per board mistakes are costly. I couldn't imagine the words that would come out if I made a mistake with starboard.

I've used this product a bunch in home applications... It needs a solid continuous backing...Even if it's used as soffit it needs to have a plywood backing.

Here is a lund I was taking the floor out of....Someone used Azek for the front deck.... its was bellied and warped so bad after 2 years.... It got changed out with the lower deck .

IMG_20120425_150049_zps1700f5b0.jpg

Edited by esox