Official Sodus Pro Am Results

Good for you rod to get involved. I didn't realize their was a old school AM. div. or I would of been in both east end just to whip you and daves(dodger) butts...even if all my towels are pink now..its nice to see some things go back to the (good o'll days)Instead of talking about how it used to be...even tho i've sold 50% of my rods and tackle ,i still got a good selection of bobers and worm hooks ........Lord willin next year I'm gonna fire up the tin can and come lookin for the "elusive drain plug"

love ya bro.

ray k

This year's ProAm was a much needed step in the right direction.  With a bit more time for advertisement to make people aware of it next year, I think we'll see it get back to the major event it used to be!

Rod, are we able to invest some of the prize money into a weather machine for next year? :)

Nick

anyone Can enter in the pro div. it cost more and the payout is much better ... down side is everyone who is currently a "Captian" or "Guide" or has been In the last, crap I think its 5 years...has to enter the pro only div.then yer buttin heads with teams with Charters who make a good part of their living Putting fish in the boat...Ams are us weekend warriors lookin for a fight with our rods and great amount of knowlage ok our ability to put a few fish in the boat , and stumble on a good pod of fish....as you can see from "Bobs boy" photo of the points board some Am's even put a little whippin on some Pro's,,,only the fish will tell after a storm or major upwelling...

If ya never did a Pro Am I suggest you give it a go. To be part of the whole Pro / Am experence is pretty cool to say the least. You will meet some great people,maybe fish in some conditions not condusive to "normal"fishing conditions ,wind, waves, rain..yup sometimes ya get a good hand on the weather other times ya get crap .but so does everyone else for the weekend. After 2 days of hard fishing ya might be ready to give up or ya could get back in the saddle and hone yer skills For "THE NEXT PRO /AM"

Trust me if ya love to fish,get some braggin rights,and maybe walk up and get a envelope full of cash,and some great prizes to boot..You need to give the Pro/Am a try..tho they are a year away now its never too early to prepare and get a team togeather....hey you never know?

It sounds like a ton of fun. I fish my local walleye tourneys here and ice fish tourneys.. I like the challenge and typically benefits a charity or a sportsmans group. What constitutes a team? Bascially whoever you want to bring with you I would take it.

Complete standings and scores are now posted on our website !!

http://sodusproam.co...nt/?page_id=135

Ray,  We missed ya bud!  It's never the same without your humor so I hope you get yourself out with us next year! Mother nature was a little nasty, but there was no small craft issued so we got the whole tournament in and besides the wave surfing, it was great fun !!  We got back to an old school tourney with a standard Pro format, but lots of changes to the Am division.  I think both divisions were a huge success and everyone involved did an outstanding job! 

This year's ProAm was a much needed step in the right direction.  With a bit more time for advertisement to make people aware of it next year, I think we'll see it get back to the major event it used to be!

Rod, are we able to invest some of the prize money into a weather machine for next year?

I agree Nick. I think with the time we had to pull this off (less than two months), the committee did one outstanding job!!!  We missed a couple sponsors that were willing to donate, and that was too bad but you can only do so much with limited personnel.  Even so it was over 100% payout and all in all in ran very smoothly.  There is already a meeting scheduled in Aug. to prepare for next year, and we hope to DOUBLE the amount of teams.

On a side note, I think the Ams did a great job policing themselves!  I heard of no complaints and that was a concern going in with no observer. We need to continue to preach fair play, honesty and integrity and hopefully our Am division will flourish and be a model for other Am divisions.

As for the weather machine, I think you best stay away from the Voo Doo stuff bud, cause you pissed off the weather gods something fierce! It just wouldn't be Sodus without pulling in a few fish while surfing 8 footers.

It sounds like a ton of fun. I fish my local walleye tourneys here and ice fish tourneys.. I like the challenge and typically benefits a charity or a sportsmans group. What constitutes a team? Bascially whoever you want to bring with you I would take it.

For the Am, you only needed two people this year to make up a team with the six rod rule. We had a six silver fish limit and six rod limit, so a two man team could compete. The major downside to a two man team is you are done fishing once you box your 6th silver fish. You don't have the extra fish limit of a third or fourth man.

This year, that didn't matter because very very few teams boxed out anyway.  I fished the Am as a 2 man team with only myself and a 14 year old (and an auto pilot).  The AP helped a ton, but in the weather we had last weekend it really limited my options as to what I could do. Still....My son and I proved it can be done !

Edited by Fishtails

this was the best time on such crappy water ive ever had. our hats are off to everyone and anyone that had there hand in the GREAT SODUS Pro/Am. honestly im at a loss for words on what more to say other than we are proud to say "cant wait till next year" and if there is any thing we can do to help next year  please let us know.

and for anyone thinking about fishing a pro/am and hasn't.... you got no idea what fun your missing