Pure Anticipation

I have been a member of this site for awhile now. I have been lurking, reading, posting, asking questions ,reading reading and reading. What a great site and I am very appreciative of everyones willingness to share their knowledge. I cant wait to get out there mid August. Trip planned, making final preperations on the Islander and gear. Will I be totally ready..no way...Will I be confident enough to give it a go..hell yeah!

I have been a member of this site for awhile now. I have been lurking, reading, posting, asking questions ,reading reading and reading. What a great site and I am very appreciative of everyones willingness to share their knowledge. I cant wait to get out there mid August. Trip planned, making final preperations on the Islander and gear. Will I be totally ready..no way...Will I be confident enough to give it a go..hell yeah!

I know exactly what you mean.  I will be towing Li'l Bit (aka Green Sportcraft) 400 miles north to Point Breeze next Wednesday where she will reside for the next month.  We have five trips planned and just can't wait.  Reading all this stuff we see makes the anticipation stronger.

I'm in the same situation. Going in mid Aug too. Just posted my first forum post a couple minutes ago. I want my crew to do well and I wouldn't mind catching a fish myself. Good luck!

Edited by mediummike

I know how you guys feel, I've been fishing lakeO since the 80's but I always had 18ft boats that were easy to tow and load and I always fished for walleye and bass, since the early 2000's I got hooked on trolling for eyes and then I got turned on to the silver fish. I have a camper in the Black River camp ground and so I trailer over to Henderson and fish the trench and Stoney Point and the north side of Galoo, But I always had to pick and choose my days due to the wind and waves any more then 2-3 footers I was done with my boat. So I made a decision to go bigger and bought a 22ft Sea Ray cuddy I had to put a lot of work into it but that's the only way I could afford a boat of that size, so 2 years later I finally got it all together and made a shake down run on a lake near home and all went well, so now all I have to do is put the canopy on and head north. It's been 2 years since I've been on lakeO and with a boat that seems huge to me it's going to be interesting for the first couple of hours till I get the hang of everything, so see what happens. You guys will be OK and so will I just be a little nervous, but I'm sure we will catch fish and have a good time, then all our hard work will be behind us and fish ON from there. PAP 

Welcome to the great chase guys! Terrific fishing this year pretty much anywhere on the South shore. Keep reading posts and let us know how it goes. Lots of great people around to lend advice and we were all new to the game at one time. I learn something every time I go out with someone new. 

Just to second what Longline said, keep an eye on the weather at all times. I have seen storms and waves on this lake that happened so fast that I thought I was watching time lapsed photography before my very eyes. Don't mean to lecture you, it looks like you have done your hoemwork, just want you to get the most out of your time on the water.  

Edited by Just Fishin'