3 more eyes...otisco 7-25

The bite doesnt get any better than right now, and Im the ONLY one out there targetting walleye go figure! Had the worst time ive ever had getting fish in the boat...3 misses....1 lost long...2 lost in sight and 3 landed in less than 2 hours. 9 walleye bites!! Better run of fish too...22 23 and 24. I included a pic of the belly fat...if any of you can make it tomorrow night and are trollers pm me. The bite doesnt last long...maybe 2 hours so you gotta have it dialed in...btw I Do!

Justin

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

post-151276-13748082233353_thumb.jpg

post-151276-13748082614436_thumb.jpg

once again excellent job JT, 3 for the freezer, but 9 total hits that's fantastic makes me want to jump in the truck and HI JACK your boat for a few hours. Please keep the posts coming and some pictures, totally awesome. Congrats to the Ostico walleye KING!!

Its fat...suet in a fish...its in the males and females...I catch tons of walleyes every week in the river when its not boating season and never seen fat...every otisco eye has is it...alewives! When I say they are big im serious...9 lbs is not rare...ive got 4 around there this year.

Justin

I used to fish Otisco (and Skaneateles) regularly for everything that swims in there, lived in Marcellus. Love those eyes. Just took my boat out here to WNY for Ontario and all your posts are making me wish I was still out your way haha! I'm sure our boats crossed paths over the years! Great posts man!

Kyle

Justin,

I know what you are talking about.  I got a 25 inch post spawn fish from Consesus this spring that was over 8lbs.  Last season, I got a prespawn 25 incher from the river that weighed 5lbs.  I do not remember seeing that much fat but then again this was opening day so post spawn recent.  What I remember is it was so round that it looked like a bass in the water at one point.  The girth was incredible.  Any walleye (over 20) is a good walleye.

Glad to see you getting into them.  Been slow for me this year (so far).

Joe

Ive been getting some all season but for now I have em patterned and it really is easy...until it changes....Im getting my new net today and maybe a decent scale so then I can post some weights...we've had 4 over 27" and I think those were 8.5 to 9 pounds

Justin

Besides having great posts and awesome pictures of walleye weighing in at 9# I never saw fat like that in walleyes, JT's posts bring people out of the wood work to post also, I've noticed people who belong to LOU for years with very low post #s so that tells me those folks are walleye folks also and we all know how discreet we can be about an area we found a pod of fish, I'm just a guilty as the next in that aspect, take a look back and you will see what I'm talking about, I think that's pretty cool, just to get others attention all you need is a good walleye report!!  PAP.

Well I spent over 20 years paddling a canoe from here to Minnesota for toothy critters and smb, and everywhere I went people just lied to me or misled me to protect "their" precious fish. So when I made the decision to get my first boat 1 year ago and concentrate on 1 lake I said I would always help others catch fish. Just look at Captain Larry Jones' posts. He is helping all of us with info, and he does this for a living. Many walleye guys wouldn't share 1 third of that info...draw your own conclusions. That's why I wanted a walleye LOU All to bring guys together. If the real pros (charter captains) can share we can too. If everybody all shows up on Otisco that'd be fine by me...ill still get a couple...I fish the Susquehanna a lot and Im not sharing as much info about it, as shore access is limited and some of the other regulars don't have boats. I don't have time to be an expert on Cayuga lake too, so I read what Billy V and few others have been doing right before I go and I do great everytime. Sharing works...

justin

Justin, and all... I'm very new to fishing otisco, only went there for the first time last winter for the gills. Got one small tiger and a big large mouth (outside the limits of gills) but I been on a small quest for a keeper tiger or nice eye since I've been there twice this summer. Your pics and posts got me to think this is a gem, and I am willing to drag my yak across the county park and paddle out to deep water to find them, although I hope they move shallower in fall like onieda! Keep the stories and pics going guys its a long drag from the parking area to the water just to end up with a smallie or two.....ill be out at 4 am. Jeff

jeff I love your effort, if you set up your yak to troll 2 rods on in line boards you can get both tigers and eyes, but if you are casting I cant help you much until fall or spring...

Chris id suggest a real early start... last sunday I had a great early bite but it was over by 7...I had lines in at 515 and felt late...im camping in newark valley but I might be up there...if im out ill have the radio on 68....id stay in 50+ fow and fish 20-30 down with perch cranks at 3gps but im sure there is many ways to skin a cat just how I do it.

Justin

Posted Image

Got a small tiger on a Pike shiner, as well as a short smallie and a 12 incher, caught a dozen pannies on spinner and worm harness. Plus what made my day was catching a 32" carp on a icefishing jig rod with a small jig and worm combo! It was at least a 10 minute fight, like landing a Salmon on a Barbie pole!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Have seen that type of fat an Walleyes more than a few times,Conesus Lake and Irondequoit Bay are Alewife fueled forage based lakes as well as Otisco Lake,I presume.  Alewifes= Walleye fat.

Ever notice a blue,green slime while cleaning lower cavity?  Have taken hundreds of Walleye from Conesus and they all seem to have it.

Edited by mink

Thank god the bite cooled and I got off the lake and had the boat taken care before the downpour began.  I wouldn't have gone up but its hard not too when you get on a pattern.  I couldn't be happier with my current setup and I owe to all of you who make posts and share their ideas and setups.  Adding lead core and utilizing my riggers changed the game!

justin