I got home early todayfrom a Dr appointment....was told have to have another surgery on my hand next week so Ill be done fishing for the season and decided to hook the boat up an go out for a little father son time with my oldest... told him no Ipod and No cell phone....He rolled his eyes at me....and reluctently said ok dad....well gotthe boat in the water and reached for the bin that i Have all our fishing gear in and its not were I told the 16 yr old to put it.....ooops sorry dad......ok so back to the house to get the bin.......on the way back to the launch got pulled over by a trooper......oohh no licence plate....were the hell did that go.....ticket for no plate......down to the launch we go.......back her in get her started,,,,,,pull rods out hook everything up....hey alex pick out 4 spoons you want to try.......uuummmm weres the spoon box......well dad thought you got it.....nope told you to put them both in the boat.....load everything back up and head back for home.....got the spoon box...back to the launch....everything ready to go....pull out and wham.....alternator  belt blows.......somebody just didnt want me to go fishing today......only bright side was glad the altornator belt blew 50 feet from the dock and not out in 300 FOW......loaded everthing back up....home we went dropped the boy off at a friends house...went home tried to peice together the belt so I could get another from advance auto but no luck there either so to Pugsleys I go tomorrow.....maybe i can get out tomorrow arternoon....I really hope tomorrows a better day....

Woody5442

If wasn't for bad luck..........you would have no luck.  You better tie some garlic around your neck :)    The licence plate made me laugh.  I lost a plate somewhere on the 90 heading for Ohio, on a wednesday. Fished on Mosquito lake (south of Ashtabula) then headed to Port Clinton.  Trailered the boat all over PC for a couple of days headed home on the following friday.   Over 750 miles, 3 states .........no ticket :rofl:

Hope your next day out goes much better

Edited by daker1979

Aint that the truth....new day new adventure......and what pissed me off about the whole thing is the cop was just being a total ass about it too.....walked around the truck, around the boat, looked inside the truck, looked inside the boat....He ran everything everything came back ok....I think he was just in one of those moods were damit someones going to get a ticket.....told him I must have lost it on the road somewere....so besides going to pugslys for a belt....I have to go to Lyons to the DMV for a new plate.....aint it grand......

Woody5442

Woody, if you want to get your boy out some evening while you are healing just send me a pm. I have a 19' blue fin and I'm still learning so maybe you can teach me a few tricks. I live 5 minutes from the bear creek launch and go out for a few hrs every evening I can get a chance after work. Paul

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I'd keep thinking glass half full with the belt going way out there.  Not fun trying to find someone out there. BTW, make sure my boat gets fixed first at Pugsley's.  I brought it in yesterday.  No express line.  :)