RUFF RIDER Live Report Sodus 7/27-7/28

Well, I'm back to my live reports after taking last weekend off to fish the Sodus ProAm.  We had a lot of fun last weekend although the weather was terrible.  Saturday and Sunday saw 6-10ft waves and brought us to our breaking point of calling it quits and heading in.  For most of both days, we weren't really fishing, we were just surviving.  Sunday was especially bad as my coworker Brad began to get seasick and I'm not the type of guy to say too bad and keep fishing.  Hopefully, the weather this weekend will be better.  And please send your prayers for next weekend's weather as we'll be holding our annual Healing Waters Salmon Slam to benefit wounded or disabled Veterans and active Servicemen.  It can snow this weekend as long as Saturday of next weekend is nice!

Here are a few videos from last weekend:

One of the craziest king fights I've ever seen!  The wide angle lens makes the fish look smaller and further away, but it was probably 20lbs and about 5 ft off our swim platform!

My coworker's first King Salmon... he was amazed by how hard they fought!

One of our many doubles from pre-fishing Thursday and Friday along with me snapping a rod in half!

I've talked to a few friends out there tonight... the fish are biting down 100ft over deep water.  The water is warm, so expect to fish deep and a bit farther out this weekend.  Good luck everyone, see you in the morning!

Nick

Wind is whippin from the south, boat speed is tough. I really need another trolling bag!

Lost a brown while setting up. South wind brought cold water in. 50 degrees down 65 over 120fow. Few marks at 50ft.

Gotta love short coppers... Click click click zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ!

White and green board, green fly 120fow.

I need a better netman, mine has a tendency to throw the net down and scream when there's a lamprey. This fish was a first as it had two huge ones! It looked like a snake's nest when it hit the deck. I thought Theresa was going to abandon ship!

post-139811-13749289990578_thumb.jpg

post-139811-1374929011106_thumb.jpg

Joanie reacted the same way the other day, she was not happy about that "thing" being in the boat.

I notice that even the "big" man was using pliers to hold it instead of his hands.

Does this mean we're getting lamprey pie again?

Haha have you ever tried to pick up a lamprey by hand? I think it might be impossible! Slimy little things!

I'd make lamprey pie again if I thought anyone would eat it :)

Any volunteers? :blink:

Haha have you ever tried to pick up a lamprey by hand? I think it might be impossible! Slimy little things!

I'd make lamprey pie again if I thought anyone would eat it :)

Any volunteers? :blink:

I keep a ziploc bag in the boat for each lamprey because the Science teacher I work with loves to dissect them with her students!!

I will have a couple Nick. They tasted better then the salmon cakes! Rebecca is deathly afraid if lampreys. Last weekend at the Lou All I netted her lake trout and when it hit the deck the lamprey flew over towards her and she jumped up on the cooler and almost out of the boat haha

I will have a couple Nick. They tasted better then the salmon cakes! Rebecca is deathly afraid if lampreys. Last weekend at the Lou All I netted her lake trout and when it hit the deck the lamprey flew over towards her and she jumped up on the cooler and almost out of the boat haha

Yep, that sounds about right! If we get anymore lampreys I'll keep them and make some pies...