Seneca 7/27/13 Seneca...

Got out a bit late..Thermocline back down where it belongs....one rigger at 56 feet the other at 61 with sliders...the 61 foot slider pops and before I could grab the rod the aerial show begins about 8 or 10 feet off the stearn!!!  Nice Bow on the slider and back in the drink!!!  A bit later the 56 footer pops and air borne again but this time it was a salmon...hmmmm.... perfect size for my brand new grill I have yet to light!!!  Quit while I was ahead. The wind and the projects at home  made that decision easy.

Good going Andy! What is the grass and flea situation like out there now? (Just returned from the Cape so haven't heard anything since I left). Both the bows and landlocks are a lot of run and can be hard to hold on to :)

Sat on my dock sat and watched the white caps and gust and thought it might not be a good day for the yak. Watched a guy, hop in a john boat, not wearing a pfd, row out against the wind. Rowed and rowed in what seemed a futile attempt. wind was blowing him further down then out. Finally, reaches his spot, I bet he was plum tired plus he wasn't the fittest guy, and drops an anchor. Now I'm really concerned. whitecaps are slashing over the front of the boat. I don't have my pickup truck which has a cell phone and a portable marine radio. I'm sure he is going to be swimming soon. He stays in that spot trying to fish and I continue to watch. My neighbors come down and I decide to pass on watch duty to them. Now I have paddled my kayak in some snotty weather before when the wind came out of nowhere ( 5 footers on Buzzards Bay) but I am prepared for any situation which may occur. My kayak is a sit on top. It is self bailing and I practice re-entery. I can get back onto it if need be. I always wear a pfd and would never be in a yak without it on. I also have a portable waterproof marine radio which is attached to my vest,in the event the yak flips and there is separation between me and the yak, as well as a safety whistle and knife. When I yak at night, which I do at the Cape, my yak has a lighted mast and I carry glow sticks and I would never go out at night alone. It is also equipped with a fish finder and gps. My point is, is it worth your life to take risks and if you do, are you really prepared? This guy wasn't prepared.

Probably a renter...they do some really stupid stuff....cause they just don't  know any better....I watch renters paddle to the middle of the lake in early May.....without PFD's.....they just don't get it....