Hello every one, I'm new to the site and was interested in some possible hints and or help for fishing for bass or northerns in the bay. My family and I will be renting a cottage on the water for the first full week in August. I will be fishing from a small boat and don't have the luxury of traveling long distance. Not looking for secret spots or lures just some help. Thank you in advance

We use the 5 inch wave worms with the weighted hook when we go for bass. A good spot is the whole shoreline along point salubrious, also deep into griffins bay is really good and directly across from the chaumont boat from the bridge up to the point is usually productive for bass. For pike you want to troll stick baits out along long point state park shoreline in the 10-20 ft of water there. Haven't been out there much this year but those r usually good areas to focus on. Cherry island is awesome for big bass to on the backside of the island

Can also try trolling some mini bomber a's in the white color. There crankbaits. Hammer smallies trolling them in the deeper water along long point and out by cherry island and shangri-la boat launch

As far as worm colors chartreuse n bright stuff on real sunny days an more natural crayfish or dark colors on the cloudy days. Don't get 4 inch worms they don't catch fish. Need the big 5-6 inch ones

Finished 2nd in a smallmouth tournament 2 years ago and all 5 fish came out of Duck Bay on spinner baits and senkos. If you launch out of the state launch swing wide into duck bay as there is a rock pile on the right side.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thats great info guys thanks a bunch for the help. I have a tackle box full of spinnerbaits, crank baits, senkos and stick baits so it's Lund like I'll do fine. I live in glens falls and fish mostly adirondack lakes and do very well for myself. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post or maybe one for the wall because my wonderful wife said if I boat one that's worthy I can!!!! Happy camper

Chaumont Bay is pretty large. Check the feed over on facebook where I replied. Basically for Bass pretty much any soft plastic will catch them, topwater just before sunset or just after sunrise over the weeds is a blast. For pike stickbaits or spoons are real good

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again everyone. I'm home from Chaumont, actually Guffin bay! I must say that my trip was a success. I caught more 3-5 lb fish in a week as I would in a month at home and have some pics but could use a hand on posting? Overall the family had a blast and will be returning next year. The highlight was a 36" northern which unfortunately flopped out of the boat before I could snap a pic. My son didn't catch anything but learned to be a great photographer and net man, and one last thing before I go the lure of the week goes to one of my all time favorites....chartreuse spinnerbait!!!