Couldn't find the Salmon Saturday, yesterday. Had one leader break early around 6:30 but didn't scream quite enough for me to believe it was a salmon instead of a lake trout. Stayed in the trench until 12:00 with different colors, depths, and water. Caught 3 lake trout then headed to the lanes and ended up catching 4 more lakers. Best fish was just over 20 pounds, anyone have luck hooking up on multiple Salmon?post-151827-13750194058022_thumb.jpg

Ya seems like the kings aren't quite there yet. Sucks for me because the shipping lanes are just a tad too far for me, the trench is already a 22 mile round trip.

Sent from my thinking chair...

Chas, just wondering, do you go out of Henderson? you say it's a 22 mile run for you. PAP.

I run out of Point peninsula on the bay side, my in laws have a place right next long point state park. 11 miles out to the trench 11 miles back.

I run out of Point peninsula on the bay side, my in laws have a place right next long point state park. 11 miles out to the trench 11 miles back.

I know where that is kind of, is coming out of Henderson any shorter? It's been s few years for me and I was just wondering as that's were I'll be launching out of. Thanks PAP

Pap

For the trench I'd first suggest launching out of Stony Creek State Launch.Water levels are fine but its still about a mile of idle speed because depth is around 3-5 feet going out of the bay.  A 2nd choice would be the State launch in Henderson. Henderson is a longer run but offers protection of the bay if a strong South or West wind comes up. If you are going out to the lanes then perhaps Mud Bay would be best.

Edited by tugger

I know where that is kind of, is coming out of Henderson any shorter? It's been s few years for me and I was just wondering as that's were I'll be launching out of. Thanks PAP

Henderson is a lot closer than Chaumont bay. Henderson would be about 4-6 miles round trip.

I would launch out of Henderson or the newly renovated isthmus ramp but I keep my boat on a hoist and don't generally drive my truck.

Fished the Lanes on Saturday. Went 0-4 on Kings (all screamers) and picked up a bunch of lakers in the process. Didn't mark consistent bait or predator marks, but when we did, the nice marks were down 75-95 in 130-160 fow. King strikes came on dipseys with FF at 2.3 knots.

Steve

Fished  Henderson area out of my 18' Lund yesterday and the <1 footers were actually 2-3 footers which made it bumpy. We hit 2 browns right off the bat on the finger 65 down over 85 fow on magnum spoons off riggers. Picked up a skippy and then couldn't hit anymore except a couple knock offs. Did take one rip on a FF  dipsy at 215 out. Moved out toward the trench and fished 135-160 fow and picked up a lake trout. near the bottom. Decided to call it a day instead of fighting the waves.  Didn't mark much bait .