Flasher always with fly?

Something has to give it eratic(swimming) action I would think....otherwise it would just flow through the water  like a piece of seaweed caught on a rigger cable?!?!?

Usually run behind a Spin Doc, flasher, dodger, or small jet diver but in the old days larger streamer flies were trolled by themselves back aways off fly rods (sometimes with a few small splitshot ahead of it) primarily for rainbows.

I was running a SD with a spoon this morning in a small body or water said to hold some nice trout. Caught 8 smallmouth bass on it. Might hAve to try it on LO for bass now.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I feel dumb asking this, but for t he paddle and the dodgers that I have, the paddle has a narrower end and a wider end. the line from the rod to the paddle would connect to the narrow end right? also, with my lure Jensen size 0 dodger the end with the lesser curve is attached to the line nearest the rod right? oh man...

Correct, generally the narrower/flatter end goes towards the front.

If the paddle has fins on it they always go towards the back.

If your not sure if you have it right just check the action by running it next to the boat before you put it out, same way you would check the action on a spoon or cut bait after you tuned them.