The Salmon River Challenge event

Yesterday, Saturday 7/27 ,was the Little Salmon challenge.

Although the fishing was difficult and the lake a bit bumpy, the challenge was an overwhelming success.Heck,there must have been over 80 teams participating.

Things were made easy for the participants. Things like not needing an observer, overall relaxed rules and very reasonable entry fees made for truly fantastic participation.

Everybody was a winner.

The weigh in , dinner and rewards ceremony was a thundering succes. Everybody walked away with some kind of price.

It was truly heart lifting to see so much good will and effort result in such a great community event.

Thanks to all the organizers,sponsors and participants. You can probably teach the organizers of the west end pro-ams a trick or two.

See you all next year and greetings from just Rolmops

Edited by rolmops

Tom Burke who owns and operates Cold Steel Sportfishing is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. Lakewide he is welcomed by many of competing captains and teams.. Not once have I ever heard Tom Burke bad mouth or belittle another team.. its not in his nature.. he's a kind fisherman who loves the sport and promotes Lake Ontario and its fishery as do his team members as much as possible... I'm sorry you feel like that Rolmops.. Sad

Horsin Around,

Remember that your comments influence people's views of yourself. In my opinion, you just got a direct pass to the bottom of the bell curve of intelligence

Thanks

Al

HOOKNUP 2

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

This post is purely the opinion of one team member not the whole team's unanimous opinion. Sincere apologies to the whole "Cold Steel" team.

I think Horsin Around made his point here.  He had a team mate spout off above who really doesnt understand the game and probably never will. I respect Horsin Around a great deal it is unfortunate he had a team mate who doesn't get it... 

Congrads go out to the Trout One team on there win by the way!   Jim and crew have now won that tourney 3 times!

Edited by Tall Tails

I'm sure Rolmops didn't mean it the way it came out, but like Casey says, Tom Burke, Andy Bliss, Rob Ripka, Casey Prisko and anyone else who has fished on Cold Steel have always been first class guys at every tournament I've been to. Tom Burke again proved that at Sodus by taking a moment to say some very nice things while accepting their award, plus Andy sent me a pm thanking me for the work on the trophies.  While I may not be apart of their "pack", they have always treated me with respect and decency....that goes for the whole crew !  In all honesty, Cold Steel supports almost every tournament on lake Ontario, while the Horsin Around crew only does a couple out of Mexico,  So Cold Steel should be commended for their support, not  condemned for their success.

In another related story,  Horsin Around wanted to file a protest against me and my son a few weeks back in the Oswego Pro Am because I got my rules messed up and made a mistake. Once I learned of the mistake, I immediately honored my wrong doing and accepted a zero, noting a protest would be a ridiculous waste of time seeing I admitted to the mistake instantly when asked and also went to The Horsin Around boat to make sure they knew I harbored no ill feelings towards them for pointing out my mistake. Who was it that called me, and said to me he knew that I probably just got mixed up and would admit my mistake if given the chance....Tom Burke of Cold Steel.  I was embarrassed about my mistake, but Tom was nice as could be. Tom made me feel comfortable stating that many teams, including his, have made mistakes resulting in a d'q. If ya fish enough tourneys, you're gonna get mixed up with the rules at some point. We laughed about it and moved on....first class all the way! 

Just an observation from an outsider  :)  Now let's all go fishin !!  Justin and I will see you all at the Atommic invitational in a week....can't wait!!

Edited by Fishtails

EEEEK. Can't we all get along? I for one know for a fact the cold steel boys are top notch. In any event, any port, they support our sport in every aspect and loom at the bright side..

Tom and crew are great guys. They will always lend a hand and give advice.. if you're around enough then you know what I am talking about.

I have not one thing bad to say about any captain or crew member on lake Ontario or the finger lakes.

But I would like to say, see ya next week at the invite and may the best box win;-)

Nick

Sent from my XT907 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Looks like a false apoligy to me as. The Horsin' Around name just showed up on 8/30. Whats that all about? Guys didn't want to use their real screen names? Just sounds like some real sore losers to me. I believe apoligies in person would be a much better way to correct their mistake!!!

I had the pleasure of fishing the entire lake tourny circuit with Tom and the Cold steel crew in the past. Tom is respected and liked from one end of the lake to the other. I have never heard a bad word spoken. In addition, he is a personal friend on n off the water. So to have his reputation smeared as if he is an arrogant winner is wrong. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Ask ANYONE who really knows him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Certan folks on this site have recived warnings for "borderline comments",,,,,,,, in the early days of public websites they were coined as a "flame". Heck ive tossed a match or two in my life till my back hair started on fire,thats the main reason i had to quit smoking...hey the sun is out BUFFY TIME see ya!!

Time for some apologies

My sincere apologies to the Horsin Around crew and captain whose team name I used without their permission.

My sincere apologies to Tom and Cold Steel. What I thought to be a funny comment was not perceived as such by anybody but me.

I have nothing but respect for Tom and what he does for the fishing community on the east end and I have personally thanked him several times for what he does.

My apologies to the entire Lou Community for allowing my fingers to touch a keyboard without thinking first.

The Horsin around team members are not sore loosers and the apology that the captain made was sincere.He was surprised to see his team name under my comments and instantly apologized for things said by a member using the team name while having no connection to what was said.

At this point I am thinking about scrubbing the deck on my bare knees with a tooth brush.

I will try not to write any more comments that may be understood as insulting by others

Hoping to be still a team member,Rolmops.

Edited by rolmops

I don't usually get a chance to log on much but after hearing all the fuss figured I'd better. The tourney went down great with a fun & friendly awards & eats get together with a chance to thank our charter for a good effort as well as congradulate the top finishers. I didn't get a chance to read the original comment myself but with no issues in the past or present and knowing we have all had a comment or two go astray(lol) along with the quick apology. It is certainly accepted and it's on to the A-tom-mik Invitational!  Tom-Cold Steel