I-Bay 7/28/13 AM - Capt. Pike Hunter report

My great buddy Anthony (Pike Hunter) asked me to post a report for him today and he treated us to a fantastic day on the water. The two of us fished with our buddy Barry, and Anthony put us on the fish from start to finish. He ran a program with two downriggers with free sliders, two wire divers, a 400' copper and a ten color leadcore. Almost every single rod took a hit today and we finished the day around 10 for 14 with many more knock offs in between. 

Anthony started us in 140 fow but our best action seemed to be between 170-190 fow slightly east and north of I-Bay. We caught kings - biggest around 20#, steelhead and even a brown in 190 fow. We lost two very nice fish - early on the deep rigger and later in the day on a ten color leadcore.

The following all caught fish today:

riggers between 60-80' - Bob Fuller KOS spoon, DW Regular 42 second, and a mag DW SSW

free sliders on the riggers which caught fish - DW Regular Kevorkian (MVP today), Bloody death spoon

150' wires - DW white glow paddle with black dots/ Hammer Fly caught the biggest king

400' copper - DW SSW

ten color core - Carmel dolphin spoon - after we lost it on a break off, we changed to a Goldie Hawn spoon

Anthony was a fantastic captain today and he worked very hard to keep us busy the entire morning. What's even more impressive is he doesn't have a down speed or temp probe. Instead he used experience and instinct the "old fashioned way" with great speed and boat control and he followed the map contours on his FF to keep the action steady.

I must also say thanks to the fellow fishermen who mentioned to use purple yesterday. We did, and the Kevorkian spoon was the MVP today (Anthony will post a pic later of one that had a juvenile king bend and scratch all the paint off) so I'm glad we had more than one on the boat!

Good to all and be safe on the water - thanks again Anthony for a perfect morning!!!!!

- Chris

post-140030-13750397194768_thumb.jpgpost-140030-1375039734768_thumb.jpg

The purple spoon was absolutely crushed. This high speed car wreck will be put up on the display wall for all to see in amazement.

Thank you Chris for the detailed post.

I'm glad to be in a great company with 2 of the finest IBAY fishermen.

Tight lines!