Kooter/Haywire/July 27,28

Been a few tough few weekends to get out for us due to the winds. I planned most of are family, friends fishing trips this year in July cause i was hoping for calm winds. That hasnt exactly been the case, preety much cancled the last 3 outa 4 of are trips. Big bummer but non the less have had a nice time catching up with friends and family staying over at the house on Friday and Saturday nights. But we did get out on Saturday! A little late start from to many :beer: s Friday, but that will happen. This would be me and Beers last trip of the year together to even bigger bummer. Weddings, stag party, and other things going on, this was going to be it till goose season!

July 27th               We ended up out in 500 ft of water and the north south troll was the ticket for us. FX it was good trying to talk to you thanks for talking two on for me! A little faster for us to, are rods were firing at 2.8 at the ball and 84 ft down we even got a few Steelhead in that 44 degree water. We have fished that colder water this year and have been rewarded with bigger fish. For a month now are best setup has been the Moonshine Watermelon on the free slider and the Green Nuke spinnie with a Gorman Blue Hammer Fly and the Moonshine Silver Crush on a 3 color Lead Core off the boards. This day would be won by the Gorman fly taking 3 of are 4. We went 4 for 7 and missed a few on the Gorman fly. We wrapped it up around 1:30pm, we had 2 :puke: on board! But to these guys credit they really toughd it out taking turns chumming. I askd a few times if they wanted to go in but they wouldnt have it WTG Fellas im proud of you :yes:. Stopped in to the Black North and had a awesome lunch! then upon leaving i got to meet a awesome dude named Bob also a LOU member. It was great to meet you Bob, i hope Brian enjoyd seeing the fish! Then me and Beers went to pick up his 2nd place Spring LOC Laker from Doty Taxidermy and were absolutly stunned at how amazing a Laker can look, amazing job Jake Thank you.

July 28th             Got up to the lake on time and she didnt look bad at all so away we go. Myself Jimbo and a couple guys from my firehall that iv been trying to get out for three years but mother nature hasnt cooperated. Checkd out that inside water and just did not see much going on in there so we pointed her north and WOW she started getting preety snotty. We were actually getting hookd up though but man they just kept coming off. in the course of a hour we were 1 for 4 :headbang: , but it wasnt anything the guys were doing wrong we were just getting tossed around like rag dolls. On this day it was the Blue Frosted Revolator with the Shockwave 21" back and a piece of very fresh cut bait. We couldnt keep it in water! down 65 back 12 and 2.6 at the ball. But we decided it was getting to dicy for me after all i got a 24 yr old boat and im always nervous. So i nursed her in and we tied up were i got to talk to another LOU member sittin in his boat that was cool. Finally called it at 2pm cause it wasnt getting better. Felt bad for Tim and Scotty this is third year in a row i tried getting them out but they are great sportsman and are going to try again next year! Be back out on Aug 10th. Good Luck to all fishing the Albion Rotary Orleans Countie Derby! We put 2 on the board in the Summer LOC niether stuck but oh well we will try er again. CANT WAIT!

post-144255-0-75317400-1375151862_thumb.jpg

post-144255-0-04195000-1375151937_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kooter469