olcott weekly boat derby payout?

So we bought into the weekly boat derby for the week ending july 14 at the slippery sinker on july 11. Wes told me that it ends on sunday july 14 and payout would be tuesday july 16.

Well sure enough we weighted a 26.06 that was good enough to take first place. Wes told me so. Sunday after the tourney was closed I called and asked if our fish was still in 1st. Wes told me he would call me monday to confirm after he collected the rest of the entries from boat doctors (which is one block away)

I never heard from wes on monday. So I called tuesday. He said he had some troubles and would call me later in the day to confirm and get my address. I never got a call back.

Wednesday I called the boat doctors to ask if a big fish was paid out. The woman on the phone said yes. It was a 26.06 weighted at the slippery sinker.

Thursday I called wes and he said he had more troubles and he would call me tomorrow.

Well I called one more time the following week and he said we had the winning fish and he would call me back for my address. He never called...

So the pot was only a few bucks but, anybody know whats the deal?

Edited by eyedreamn

Wes and the Slippery Sinker are always on the up and up. That's the place to go. He's always nice and very helpful. He's just one of us guys. If you got a run around, there's got to be a good reason. Talk to him and explain your story. I'm sure you'll get your answer. Hope you get your cash. I don't see any reason he'd play games. He has a great reputation and I'm sure he won't do anything to tarnish it.

Give him a chance to make it right. He's always been a on the up and up with me. There must be some mix up with paperwork from last week or another good reason for the delay. I am sure it will all work out in the end.

BTW - Congratulations on winning!

Hey I am from Ohio and we just took the trout pot for close to 500. I've only been waiting a week for the cash but I hope that he's not scamming us! We spend plenty of money in his shop summer and fall. Did you ever get your cash?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

To all.Wes at the Slippery Sinker has always been on the up and up. He's a good guy. There has to be an explanation for all of this. He might not have your number or address. I don't know why this is taking so long,I haven't personally talked to him. He has a great reputation and I'm sure he wouldn't want to ruin it over a couple hundred dollars. He can make that in 10 minutes in the store. Try calling him again. There's got to be a reason. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Damn that's aggravating. What a scam!

It is NOT a scam, the Olcott weekly boat derby has been running successfully for years.  I've never once heard of any winner not getting their prize money, Wires just got crossed somewhere on this one, but I have full confidence it will be resolved correctly.

Tim

Well I've been waiting at least 2 weeks now. I called him and left my address and asked him to mail me a check. Awful suspicious that there are 2 of us. Always liked wes! Probably spent thousands in his store. I'll call back again soon and see what happens, if not I'll be back in the fall demanding my money!

What seems fishy to me is 2 guys joining a forum after they win a weekly just to complain about not getting paid overnight!  Both of you have been members for less time than you've been waiting to get paid...HMMMM?

I could see complaining after a month, but come on guys, really???  How long do you wait for your tax refund?

You do know this is a busy time of year up there right?

Have you ever been to Olcott when Wes wasn't in the Sippery sinker or Jim or Karen weren't at the boat doctor?  Do you really think they are running away with your "big" jackpot?  How far do you think they would get on your winnings?

And do you really think they would jeapardize their businesses over a lousy couple bucks?

Really?

Guys,

I am not bashing anyone. Yes I have just joined this site to post this question. I only stated the true facts. I am in good standing on the lake erie sites that I belong too. I always maintain positive thread replys. I never bash. I have almost 1000 posts between them. You can google "eyedreamn" if you like. Bashing is not my style. I like to be involved in informative discussions.

Having said that, I have had almost a half dozen calls into the bait store with replys saying I will be called back the next day. Which, I NEVER received.... I really don't care about the lousy money. I never said it was a "big" jackpot. Yes really I don't care. I was told it pays out the Tuesday after the weeks end. We are 3 Tuesdays past that. I wasnt told it is takes 2 months for the payout. I am relaxed. If I was told it was a 2 month payout so be it....

This was just a gerenal inquiry about how these payouts were going. If I don't get a strait answer from the person running the derby, who else was I to ask. Yes this is why I decided to join lake ontario untied. I only fish there 1 time a year. I do not know anyone from lake o. You guys have an amazing fishery. My crew and I showed nothing but respect good manors to all in the olcott area.

Edited by eyedreamn