olcott weekly boat derby payout?

What seems fishy to me is 2 guys joining a forum after they win a weekly just to complain about not getting paid overnight!  Both of you have been members for less time than you've been waiting to get paid...HMMMM?

I could see complaining after a month, but come on guys, really???  How long do you wait for your tax refund?

You do know this is a busy time of year up there right?

Have you ever been to Olcott when Wes wasn't in the Sippery sinker or Jim or Karen weren't at the boat doctor?  Do you really think they are running away with your "big" jackpot?  How far do you think they would get on your winnings?

And do you really think they would jeapardize their businesses over a lousy couple bucks?

Really?

Interesting, but irrelavent.

Edited by Shorthanded

Again, interesting but irrelavent.

Not interesting, and grumpy.

Could be they are waiting for the next derbys entrance fees to come in to cover the payout......like the construction business.

Gill-T

Its a weekly derby. I was told that the derby ends weekly at 4:00 pm. Its pays out on Tuesdays. This came from the horses mouth.

There were no construction style payment terms mentioned.

Contestants put money in the pot for the week and its over on Sundays. Whats in the pot is split 50/50 salmon & trout.

Not sure why we would need to borrow from the weeks to follow. I saw my money go into a specific pot for the weekly.

Edited by eyedreamn

We were told by the horses mouth on friday August 2 that the check would be sent on Monday August 5th. Our address was taken. It is now August 14.

Still no check for all you people telling me give him a chance. There must of been some confusion. Blaw blaw blaw........

WE GOT PAID......

Once again, didn't mean any harm. I was just asking why it takes 5 weeks to get paid when the payout is supposed to be the following Tuesday. Its all good.

Hmmm.  It is the busy time of the year for every tackle shop on the lake and the guy does more than just running a small tourney.  That might have something to do with it.  Gripes like this may make little tourneys like this one a thing of the past.  People are not going to go out of their way to run little events like this to get bashed on a fishing forum. 

WE GOT PAID......

Once again, didn't mean any harm. I was just asking why it takes 5 weeks to get paid when the payout is supposed to be the following Tuesday. Its all good.

Finally received mine today as well. I agree, why tell us you are going to mail it 2 days later when in reality its a month later. In fact it was not very busy at all in July; few boats were even making afternoon trips. I hear that over the weekend they ran out of parking at the marina. But oh well all is resolved!! Just trying to put some of the logic together?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Finally received mine today as well. I agree, why tell us you are going to mail it 2 days later when in reality its a month later. In fact it was not very busy at all in July; few boats were even making afternoon trips. I hear that over the weekend they ran out of parking at the marina. But oh well all is resolved!! Just trying to put some of the logic together?

I'm glad you hear it all worked out for you guys, as many of us told you it would. 

Putting the logic together, if the parking lot is full in August, when do you think a takle shop would take inventory, order supplies, and stock its shelves?

My guess is he does it a month before, as well as book his guest house, do his other paperwork, weigh derby fish, answer the phone to give reports, and be in the shop for the few people that are fishing in July asking questions on where to go and what to use.... The parking lot might not be busy in July, but I'd bet money, Wes would tell you he was very busy in July getting ready for August.

As you said, all is resolved...other than any negative impact this thread had on 2 local businesses that voluntarily run a weekly derby.  

Ever wonder why no one wants to do anything for free anymore?

All I'm saying is that he clearly did something other than he told us. If he would have just said, ( I mail them all at the same time) instead of (sure they ll be in the mail tommorrow) we would have been a lot less suspicious.