proposed massive restocking of smallmouthbass for Lake Ontario

john1947

We all can remeber how good smallmouth fishing use to be in lake ontario.I think it would take a massive restocking to bring make the bass to a good fishery.It would also help control the gooby .We should contact our legistators and the DEC to find the money to get the stocking program going.There are bass left but not enough to fish them as a recreational fishery.

Edited by john1947

Caught a few 8-11 inchers in june off of hamlin........I took it as a good sign there is still some reproduction happening! The lunkers are sure out there.......I still target them and get them here and there.....I'd rather catch a few big smallies than largemouth anyday...just my preference.... I sure miss limiting out in a hour or two at hedges though! Sure wonder if dumping a few million mature fish in the big O would knock down the gobies...good thought!

We Have to all Jump on Board if we want to save our Fishery, maybe some kind of Petition or something of that Nature, Good Fishing Brings Good Money to The Area and Helps out Bait shops restaraunts, Hotels, etc etc etc. wich in turn Creates jobs feeds Families and Increases peoples Happiness!! Same with Trout and Salmon,  and also walleye having Lake ontario in our Back yard is a true Asset we need to Fight to keep it that way,  I Know Ken  at Bayside Bait and Tackle works very Hard to try and Build  population  of fish and contact the Right people, and Also A Club I Belong to,genesee Charter Boat association, we Do Pen Rearing  and stocking for Trout and Salmon every year, we could always use More,Members,Volunteers and Donations to Keep the Great Fishery that we Have Going, you can find us on facebook or at Genesse CharterBoat association,You Do not Have to Be a Charter Captain to Join.  ..Thanks,marty