We launched out of oswego at 6:15am. I headed for the area of the 5 stacks and set up in 200fow. Set a northeast troll. Checked the water temp and had 48 down 75 feet. set my riggers at 76, 94, 104. set my wires out 304 and 285. We did our first king at 283fow on the 76 rigger, black and silver mag R&R. when we hit 308 the 104rigger goes with a white, green dot pro troll flasher with a hammer fly. then the 76 rigger goes off for a double but i dropped the fish right away. we went the next 2 hours and didnt move a rod. then we started hitting several fish in the 320 foot area. I put a Attomick Crome killer spinny with a green crinkle fly down 126. That rig and the 104 rigger did all the rest of the fish. I only had 1 rip on the dipsies. That is reaally strange for my boat, usually the dipsies catch most of my fish. We ended up 7/12 5 kings and 2 coho. we dropped a lot of fish, they would be there for a couple of seconds and gone.  Most of the fish were about 1/2 mile east of the 5 stacks in 320-328fow. hopefully i can get out saturday if the winds are kind.

Edited by traveling man

Thanks for the more promising report than I've been seeing on here lately!!  I'm headed up Sunday to fish the week with a couple buddies.  Fishing out of Catfish Creek to start but if it's too slow, have trailer will travel!!   

Thanks for the report. Looks like fishing is picking up.   I was thinking of coming up to fish on Sun.  to  wed.   You just made my mind up.

See you on the water.

Tight Lines

Len

We also fished from the red building to the north dunes went 3 for 4 a 22 and 25 pound king didn't mark much and had trouble getting the ones I did mark to bite fished from 830 to 6.

Went all over today looking for pods of fish and can not find many . Will be back at it tomorrow.

I am looking forward to making the trip up, but from most reports I keep hearing its not so great. I guess the only way you'll know is if you go. Good to hear a positive report.

I gotta tell ya the only requirement I have is to be able to get out and fish. The rest is just frosting on the cake. That lake is great and it sucks when you can't get out so I set my sights on a successful trip if I get the oportunity to get out and fish.

As shadster says just go. I look for recent reports to get my blood pumping for when I arrive. Love to see reports. I am on count down now and I can't wait. I also hope the winds are good to us this yr.

Spike

Thanks for the more promising report than I've been seeing on here lately!!  I'm headed up Sunday to fish the week with a couple buddies.  Fishing out of Catfish Creek to start but if it's too slow, have trailer will travel!!   

catfish Creek isnt that far by water to the stacks is it?

that is what I thought! so why trailer

Last year we fished the first morning out of Catfish and it was not good. We trailered to Fairhaven that afternoon and things were better

We hit Sodus the next day and absolutely wailed them. Hi teens and 20's Kings! Spanked the steelies too! One topped 16#!!! Fished the next day at Sodus again. Same thing! Back at Catfish the Kings had moved in but we were headed home so never got after them there.

Looks like they are starting to show up.

I've been counting the days, jonesin' for this time of year.

Hope the wind isn't blowin' too bad this weekend.

Happy to share what info we have, and we'll be up on 68 also.

Scott

Looks like they are starting to show up.

I've been counting the days, jonesin' for this time of year.

Hope the wind isn't blowin' too bad this weekend.

Happy to share what info we have, and we'll be up on 68 also.

Scott

The winds look like they'll be humming this weekend. Doesn't look good as of right now.

jersey len , I'm watching the forecast . Don't like the 3-6 waves on sunday.I hope that they are wrong. I only have a 18 ft lund. Anything 1-3 would be ok. I will be watching and make up my mind on sunday. I have a 4 hour drive to the lake. If monday is good , I will give you a shout on the radio.