EZ steer bracket broke today

BrokeOff

The bracket cracked on the ez steer today leaving us with no way to steer the kicker.... it broke on the kicker side not the main outdrive side.  When I powered down the boat and fired up the kicker this is when I noticed I couldnt steer and the bar was hanging in the water above the prop but luckily still attached at the one side.

Anybody know where I can get a new one for the cheapest price?  I did some basic searches on amazon and nextag ebay.  Just thinking someone on here may know a good site.  Thanks if you can help.

no the bar is fine.  its the actual bracket that wraps around the kicker that broke.  so the black metal peice between the clamps that is spot welded to the elbow.  that black peice broke in two and the elbow broke free as well.

That piece that wraps around the motor leg is too thin to weld. Brazing won't work either. Mine broke in two also and what I did was find 2 pieces of metal about the same size as the area where the bracket goes around the back edge of the kicker 1/8 to 3/16 thick that has a hole in the middle big enough for the quick connect and elbow to pass through. I enveloped the metal to support the elbow as much as possible and then hose clamped it over the old broken elbow base and over the new pieces of metal. Tightened it up good, and no problem the last couple years. Looks like a Macgiver knightmare but I ain't in no beauty contest....well not the back of my boat anyway.

Sent from my PC36100 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

my clamps are all bent out of shape now and the bracket is beyond fixable.  thinking i will just have to get a new one

well there you go!

Reiter's Marine near Sandy Pond on Rt. 3 could order you a new bracket at a reasonable price in 2-3 day period. Try them, I don't have their number but you could look it up. Otherwise have some machine shop fabricate you one.

There's nothing to the whole thing really. Seems overpriced for a couple hose clamps a thin piece of tin, a convoluted tube of metal and a couple detent springs and balls and set screws, and a quick connect that is nothing more than a quick connect compressed air fitting. I guess its the convenience of not having to make one out of a broom handle and the other stuff mentioned...wish I could have thought of it? !! That and a weedeater too!..

There's nothing to the whole thing really. Seems overpriced for a couple hose clamps a thin piece of tin, a convoluted tube of metal and a couple detent springs and balls and set screws, and a quick connect that is nothing more than a quick connect compressed air fitting. I guess its the convenience of not having to make one out of a broom handle and the other stuff mentioned...wish I could have thought of it? !! That and a weedeater too!..

Actually on my last boat that was outboard to outboard I fab'd up my own motor brackets.  Found a rod on eBay, got two pieces of stainless and some stainless fittings, along with the a fore mentioned 1/4" industrial air disconnects.  10 minutes welding and a few more fitting the pipe together.  I had the whole thing together for under a hundred bucks.  If you know anyone that can weld you can make a new bracket with a trip to the hardware store.