RUFF RIDER Live Report - SALMON SLAM - 2013 Aug 1-4

I've escaped the asylum and Theresa and I are headed to the lake. This weekend is the Sodus Bay Healing Waters Salmon Slam!!! It's a tournament in coordination with Project Healing Waters to benefit wounded or disabled Veterans and Servicemen. Each team is comprised of a Captain, crew, and one of our Veterans or Servicemen. I can only begin to describe how it feels to be able to put a smile on the Veterans' faces... especially when they start to hear the drag sing!

This year we're also doing a Big Fish Friday event for the first time, so that should be fun as well!

We hope to fish tomorrow and a bit early Friday before needing to get back to the dock to setup for the event. Hopefully, we can figure the fish out a bit to help everyone get their vets on fish Saturday!

The only thing left to do is some friendly smacktalk for the other teams Friday and Saturday!

This pink rod carryin fisherman is going to "find some keepers" in "bout the time" it takes the rest of you to say "so saarie" to your "green lookin dolphin squeaking" crew members for running "outta line" and "bustin tackle" because your "outlawed reels" were only "half wired". Your "fin addiction" will leave you "flat in the mud" and "fishfully thinking" about catching fish. Your "dipseys are likely out of range" and "horsin" around with your fishfinder hopin to "echo one" on your radar won't help you, but don't worry, if you ask me for some tips, I'll say eh, "y knot"!

Bring it ladies! :)

Nick

Have heard good things in 300' to 400' if you find yourself out that far.

Me too, unfortunately work keeps calling demanding I come back to shore and plug back into the matrix. So much for vacation! 220fow started to light up a bit with bait as well. Almost no hooks anywhere today.

Might be our first skunk of the year if something doesn't happen fast!

for what its worth I saw the best schools of bait ive seen in along time in thirty feet of water bass fishing last night.maybe the fish are close to the bottom  at the thermocline.

This pink rod carryin fisherman is going to "find some keepers" in "bout the time" it takes the rest of you to say "so saarie" to your "green lookin dolphin squeaking" crew members for running "outta line" and "bustin tackle" because your "outlawed reels" were only "half wired". Your "fin addiction" will leave you "flat in the mud" and "fishfully thinking" about catching fish. Your "dipseys are likely out of range" and "horsin" around with your fishfinder hopin to "echo one" on your radar won't help you, but don't worry, if you ask me for some tips, I'll say eh, "y knot"!

Bring it ladies! :)

Nick

Cute.... Theresa make you write that? :)

We did well in the 300-400 fow range today going 8 for 15 (2 steelies, 6 kings to 24 lbs) - they tasted great off the grill tonight and the rest is stacked in the fridge!  Spoons on the riggers, spinny's and echips with flies and meat all took shots on the wires out 190-440. Green was the color of choice: froggy spinny/packer fly, green echip/green teaser, UV gator and seasick waddler mag spoons, and wonderbread spinny/glow hammer fly.

So is the event tomorrow going to be encouraged open communication like the Sat main event?? Or just a bunch of smack talkin' until the hogs hit the scales?? 8)

We did well in the 300-400 fow range today going 8 for 15 (2 steelies, 6 kings to 24 lbs) - they tasted great off the grill tonight and the rest is stacked in the fridge! Spoons on the riggers, spinny's and echips with flies and meat all took shots on the wires out 190-440. Green was the color of choice: froggy spinny/packer fly, green echip/green teaser, UV gator and seasick waddler mag spoons, and wonderbread spinny/glow hammer fly.

So is the event tomorrow going to be encouraged open communication like the Sat main event?? Or just a bunch of smack talkin' until the hogs hit the scales?? 8)

I'm always open comm :) Besides, if I fish like I did today I'll have nothing to share!

Sounds like that deep water was the place to be! I wanted to head deep today, but between the weather and work calling, I never got past 250. 180-250 was a dead zone at 00W.

Good luck to the bff boats, let's see some slobs!!! Pool is $250.

Nick, we saw you go by us today, could not reach you on the radio, think my antenna is toast.

We found 48 degree water down 100 over 160, landed a 15 Lb. LT and a low twenties King, both on Spin Dr./Fly. Good luck this weekend.

Skip we beeped to say Hi, but weren't paying attention to the radio much today. Glad to hear you hit a couple!