RUFF RIDER Live Report - SALMON SLAM - 2013 Aug 1-4

No matter what chart you would consult lately it would be way off because of the strong and crazy currents out there.

this is a sure fire way to never have it work again! at least for me

That's why I never buy just one of anything, always buy at least two of everything, that seems to stave off the curse :)

hi, my name is Tim and I am an unrepentent tackle addict :lol:

Edited by Tim Bromund

Today's Big Fish Friday was won by Tim on Finders Keepers with a 28lb 4oz king. Nice job Tim!

DSC03162.jpg

DSC03155.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

The weather was beautiful today and the fish were biting. Now we need to hope the same thing happens tomorrow!

I know we're ready, let's catch some fish tomorrow!

2013-08-02_16-37-17_547.jpg

Very Cool Nick! Best of luck to you folks tomorrow....I'm hoping the fish gods smile favorably and the weather improves from the projection.  It is a wonderful event and you and the other folks involved deserve a lot of credit for your efforts and the generous sponsors for doing their part. I know these vets really appreciate it too. Les

Sorry for the lack of live reports everyone.... it was pretty rough out there today!  The fish appear to be pretty scattered.  The Salmon Slam teams were finding fish in 100fow, and 500fow.  100ft down though seemed to be the hot depth and 350' on 1 setting dipseys.  We've decided to sleep in and go to Nick's for some breakfast tomorrow after a pretty long couple of days.  Good luck to anyone that gets out tomorrow!

Nick

Congrats to Dipsy Ranger for takimg the Sodus crown!! (Sodus.ProA and Salmon Slam.

dipsey_ranger_fish.jpg

Finders Keepers took 2nd place king.
Ruff Rider had largest Steelie.
Reel Outlaw had largest brown.

Too tired for a full report tonight, but Ill fill everyone in tomorrow.

The score.board:

post-139811-13755821341496_thumb.jpg

Edited by bobs_boy

It was a great time as always - thanks Nick for organizing this awesome, rewarding event and congrats to Dipsy Ranger!! Here are a couple pics of the waterspout that greated us as we headed onto the water!

post-139632-0-79618700-1375620012_thumb.jpg

post-139632-0-83663500-1375620042_thumb.jpg

Edited by Finders Keepers

our hats are off to everyone that had a helping hand in this honoring and humbling event. with out friends like these where would we be today. honestly im not sure that our vet Dan could have had a bigger smile on his face. I wish that our camera was working for the salmon slam, we missed out on many great memories. please if someone has any pix if you could get ahold of me and let me know. thanks again nick and everyone.

our hats are off to everyone that had a helping hand in this honoring and humbling event. with out friends like these where would we be today. honestly im not sure that our vet Dan could have had a bigger smile on his face. I wish that our camera was working for the salmon slam, we missed out on many great memories. please if someone has any pix if you could get ahold of me and let me know. thanks again nick and everyone.

Ditto. Great job Nick, Theresa, and everyone else. Nicely done once again.

Ditto. Great job Nick, Theresa, and everyone else. Nicely done once again.

Ditto Ditto to everyone's posts....

Nick and Theresa (and I know it was mostly Theresa :lol: ) thanks again for a wonderful event.  Nick, next year you really need to plan for better weather, i.e. less wind.  Cause too many vets i think went green. 

Crumcake (John) send me your email address, i have a couple pics i can forward to you.  Awesome win for you guys....which goes to show size of your boat doesnt matter, its the action of the lures that count!!!! :o

If anyone else has a 20lb shark weight, they want to donate to the Wayne Stoutner Green Dolphin 2 Charity, please let me know.  I am sure it will go to good use (at the bottom of Lake O) within a short period of time.

Tim and Jeff, congrats on some amazing fish and one heck of a box both Friday and Saturday.  Wish I could have made it out to the rich waters you were fishing!!!

Cant wait to next year.  Nick got his Frabill net (and so did i :yes: ) so time to dream of what will be in store next August.

Tight lines all

Jason