Wire Line

I don't know a simple answer to your question in terms of degrees. Maybe someone here has seen charts for the wire (if it exists) which could be used to make the comparison  with mono...but I've never seen one. //Some things that would factor in if they were to be compared in real life conditions would be: the diameter of the wire and mono, boat speed, water currents, wind speed etc. and even water temp which could have impact on the comparison (especially since mono stretches differing amounts).

Edited by Sk8man

Thanks, that chart is just what I was looking for. Now I can compare it to the chart for 20lb mono an see what the difference is. Sorry for posting in this section, I guess this should have been posted under Questions about Trout & Salmon Trolling. Maybe the moderators want to move it to that section.

Chris

Try putting your  dipsy on a 1 setting in say 75ft. of water and let it out slowly at 2.5 mph and see how many feet are out when it starts rubbing bottom. That will give you a good starting point and you can adjust from there. Kinda like in golf. Figure out what you hit at 150yds and go up or down from that starting point.Hope that helps.