1989 Penn Yan 245 Contender

flashpoint

Beautiful Hardtop fishing machine that is fully rigged & Ready to go!

305 Mercruiser V8 I.O., cuddy with porta potty, room for two to sleep.

New port side seats that fold down to a single person bed installed in 2010

Tandem axle Shorelander trailer (painted & new tires in 2012)

Engine is solid & runs like a top! Replaced port side manifold in April of 2013. Just had full tune up, plugs, wires, cap rotor,water pump, main fuel line to fuel tank,  along with steering box & cables all replaced in July of 2013! (yes i have all paper work!)

Boat also includes-

2000 Suzuki 15hp four stroke kicker on adjustable manual bracket, connected to I.O.

New Drop curtains installed in June of 2013 ($700)

Raymarine A65 Color FF/GPS new 2010

Lowrance Elite 7 FF/GPS with bottom scan new in 2013

FishHawk 840 Speed & Temp unit with new X-4 probe & transducer in 2013

2- Cannon Mag 10 Riggers with adjustable booms

2- Cannon Mag 5 HS's with 50" Stainless Booms

10 Berts adjustable Rocket launchers mounted on the hardtop

2- 36" Traxtech track systems, one mounted on each side.

2- Cannon Adjustable rod holders (go in trax)

2- Deep Blue Mounts Stainless adjustable rod holders (go in trax)

1- Berts adjustable rod holder, mounted on gunnel for chute rod

Willey planner reels mounted on outer rail

Asking $14,000

I can drop it some with out the Lowrance Elite 7 & X-4 probe

I had a survey done in 2010 & she passed with flying colors! ( i can provide a copy)

I have truly loved this boat & have zero complaints! She has boated 100's of fish (check out my web site)...but time has come as business has grown & I need a bigger boat!

She will be docked at Wrights Landing Marina in Oswego on Orange dock for the remainder of the season till Sept., beginning next monday. She will be available at the end of the season once i complete my trips.

please feel free to give me a call, 802-345-7949 with any questions or to take a look at her. She will be going back to Vermont after the season!

I have posted a few pics....I know you will all want many more! I iwll be taking many more next week & promise to post!

Thanks!

Capt. Matt Trombley

post-144354-0-41948300-1375398906_thumb.jpg

post-144354-0-19890600-1375398924_thumb.jpg

Bump

Fished on this boat recently,fishes real nice, very week equipped , all set up for lake O it will make somebody a nice fishing machine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I use to own her. solid fishing machine, Captain matt has been taking care of it, all routine maintence always done when needed. will make someone a great fishing boat. can take on lake O yet be trailered very easily to and from the lake, launched and loaded with ease. Getting a boat like this turn key and ready to fish...you should check it out.

And a few more!

post-144354-13758951798289_thumb.jpgpost-144354-13758951935133_thumb.jpgpost-144354-13758952077357_thumb.jpg

Drop curtains new last month!

She as Wright's Landing on Orange dock right now. Give me a shout at 802-345-7949 to look at her!

Can't believe someone hasn't made on offer on this boat as of yet. As a boat owner, I know all too well what things cost. If you added up the costs of all the electronics, downriggers, rod holders, kicker motor, etc. Not including the cost of professional installation, It would be close to the asking price of the boat. Good luck with your sale.

I had a hard time selling my Islander couple years ago on this site. Certainly they are a dime a dozen although mine was extremely well maintained (garaged 50 weeks a year) As it turned out, I posted it on Boat Trader.com and someone from Russia bought and shipped it overseas. I guess Russia has some of the best Salmon fishing on the planet and the guy recognized the value of all the gear.

Nice rig wish I had that kind of money because it would be in my yard for sure. I have a 22' sylvan now but really want a hardtop I will just keep my eyes open. I'm planning on a trip out to the big o next year with my boat cant wait. and what your asking is a steal for that set up for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

The boat is in storage in Vermont right now. Price has been brought down to $13,000 as I put the Elite 7 on my new Baha.

It has brand new drop curtains & is coming fully equipped. Lots of tire kickers... I can say that the price is firm at $13,000.... I know what I have put into it & its WELL BELOW THAT!