Well after about 8 years of fishing salmon seriously I finally boated a big one in my eyes. I have to admit I enjoy watching other peoples eyes light up when the rod starts to scream almost more than my own now. This fish took off on the rigger and almost instantly made a jump about 2 ft out of the water.  I thought it looked in the 20's. Two more jumps later and 25mins I had it to the boat and thats when it showed its stuff. It went for the rigger which luckily i brought up on the fight to 10 ft and had it up quicker than it could go for it, then it attemped to do a loop under the motor. We finally netted it and I couldn't believe how wide it was. It wasn't very long but just fat. Its stomach had about 8 alewies in it just packed solid. One thing with the pic i am 6ft 4 for size comparison.

post-143567-0-12075000-1375404849_thumb.jpg

Good for you!  That is a good looking fish and they really aren't that common in that size, despite how many you hear reported.  I think it's like catching that 5 lb bass.

I have not passed 29 lbs.  30 lbs to me seems like this unattainable size I just can't seem to get to.  My 2nd king years ago was 29 lbs, off a pier.

Same here for me.  I have landed a 29LB 10oz but I just can't break that 30Lb mark.  I hope this is the year.  I'd love to put a fish on the board.  

Nice job on the 30 i wish you got an exact weight that thing looks closer to 35lb.